24 ✧ caregiver

"Little kids have no chill whatsoever."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"That's our cue." (Y/n) slightly joked, pushing herself off of the swing as she brushed herself off with her hands. Her (e/c) eyes staring at the silent male besides her as she stared at him expectantly.

Kaashi only arched his eyebrow, his one visible eye displaying a blank stare in return. "That's your cue. Not mine." He monotonously replied back. His body lazily resting on the swing's rough rope. Angling his head away from her on purpose. Playing dumb wasn't his forte, but he'd rather play dumb than go see more little annoyances. Not because his heart slightly fluttered as she stared at him and that one awkward moment they were having earlier.

(Y/n) only grinned at that. The longer she spoke to the silver-haired male the more she knew what was expected. Kakashi was becoming predictable. The male was always playing hot and cold with her.

"Here I thought we were becoming friends." (Y/n) lightly teased him, her hand propped up on her hip. The grin on her face straining her cheeks from how wide she was grinning. Her (e/c) eyes reflecting the amusement she was currently feeling.

Kakashi only rolled his eyes, "I'm not your friend. I don't even like you." His denial slipped off his tongue naturally as if he's said this a million times before. Which, honestly, he probably has.

(Y/n) only laughed underneath her breath, "Your words would hold meaning if you didn't seem so persistent in running into me at all times." She knew her words would irritate the grey-haired male. He was so sensitive for someone that acted so stoic.

Kakashi's gaze snapped back onto her. His one visible eye glaring at her as if she had personally offended him. She did. He hated that she got underneath his skin so easily. He hated that he felt so much when he was around her. He especially hated how he couldn't walk away from her.

Before he could open his mouth to skillfully retort back to her. He was rudely cut off by another yell. (Y/n)'s and his attention once more turning back onto the small, blond boy who's lungs never seemed to burst from how loud he was at all times.

"Mom, old man, come meet my friends!" Naruto's little lungs yelled out again, his little hand waving at them. Beckoning them to come over, his bright blue eyes gleaming with his excitement. His little smile plastered on his face as his chubby, whiskered cheeks looked so puffed out from his wide smile.

"See our cue." (Y/n) laughed under her breath, her hand coming up to gently grab Kakashi's hand off of the rough rope of the swing and pull him up off of the swing with a tug. "Come on, you did say that you wanted to hang out with us." She ignored the way her skin seemed to tingle from the way it made contact with Kakashi's own skin. Her hand dropping back to her side once she successfully pulled him up.

"I never agreed to this." Kakashi denied instantly, yet his body language and actions said otherwise. If he really didn't want to be here then he would've left by now, yet here he was. In the middle of a park filled with young children, standing besides (y/n) as he spent time with her and her adopted child.

(Y/n) only smiled as she shrugged her shoulders. "You never not agreed to this."

"I hate you." Kakashi blankly said.

(Y/n)'s smile only widened, "I know."

_

(Y/n) loved kids. She absolutely adored them. She loved how innocent and naive they were. Still pure and wide eyed to the surrounding world around them. Sadly, the only thing she found herself hating was the fact that they seemed to have no filter.