07 ✧ caregiver

"While sleeping in is quite fun. I really want to go get something to eat with you."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Giggling was not the first thing (y/n) had expected to hear in the morning. Actually it was something that has never occurred to her in the last eighteen years in her life. The strange sensation of something brushing past her body also was something that she hadn't encountered. Making her lay still, wondering what happened the previous night.

Opening one of her (e/c) orbs, the small figure blurry for a second before her eyesight cleared up, showing the toothy grin placed on Naruto's face. As he sat besides her, rubbing his own bright blue eyes before shyly waving at her. (Y/n) gave her own smile, hand reaching out to brush down his disarrayed hair. Heart warming when the boy leaned into her touch.

"Why were you laughing Naruto?" (Y/n) questioned, eyebrows furrowing in confusion at the sudden ignition of giggles once more pouring out of his mouth. "You sleep funny." His voice came out in hiccups, before crawling on top of her stomach and laying down on her, his warm face pressed down under the crook of her neck. Little puffs of breaths, sending goosebumps down her body.

The action was completely unexpected for (y/n). But it wasn't unwelcomed at all. She hummed softly, her hand running up and down the young boy's spine. The slowing down of his breaths, telling her that Naruto had tired himself out. Making her wonder how exactly early did the boy wake up.

The thought soon leaving her mind at the own yawn leaving her lips, blinking her eyes up at the ceiling. Thinking that Naruto had a good point in falling back asleep. Closing her eyes, (y/n) fell back asleep with the little boy snuggled tightly against her front of her chest.

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

"Naruto I think it's time to get up." (Y/n) called out, smiling at the loud groan of protest that came from the blond. His head lifting up to look at her, well more like glare at her, before crawling off her body and laying down once more on the bed. (Y/n) shook her head in amusement, pulling up the covers to lay them on the now sleeping boy.

Before ruffling his wild blond hair, and turning to her bathroom. The morning breath she was experiencing leaving a very bad taste in her mouth. Wanting nothing more than to brush her teeth and go find something to eat.

Finally freshening up, (y/n) walked back into her room, peering down at the still sleeping boy who now was spread on her bed like a starfish. A thin stream of drool leaving the corner of his lips. Making her chuckle, as she grabbed an outfit to put on for the day. Already having made up her mind that Naruto and her would go out to eat, rather than her cook something.

She would prefer to go out rather than make something because no it wasn't because she was feeling lazy, even though she a tad bit, but because it would be a hopefully new experience for the boy. Who probably hasn't been to a proper restaurant, due to growing up in the orphanage. And this was something (y/n) wanted him to experience for the first time.

"Okay it's time to wake up." She called out, pulling off the covers and gently patting his whiskered cheek. Smiling at when his eyes blinked open, and tried to move away from her. "Nope it's time to get dressed." She chided, grabbing the outfit he had on the previous night, thanking herself for not being too lazy and not washing it for him.

Pulling the sleepy boy up, Naruto stood still patiently. Every once in awhile nodding off, before opening up his eyes in surprise. "We're we going?" He slowly questioned, narrowing his eyes in the slightest at her in distrust. Hoping that she wouldn't be taking him back to the orphanage so soon. He liked being around her and her bed was comfortable too. Plus, she didn't yell at him for no reason.

"We're going out to eat." That sentence made him perk up instantly. Making him squirm more now, not knowing he was giving (y/n) a harder time to get him dressed. (Y/n) huffed out in accomplishment, scanning the excited boy before helping him get off the bed.

Both of them walking out the room, the little padding of his feet resonating through the usually quiet house. Making (y/n) wince slightly, years of training making sure that she would stay silent and undetected by enemies.

(Y/n) helped him slide on his sandles before putting on her own. Grabbing what she would need, locking the door behind her and both of them making their way out of the apartment complex. Naruto mindlessly chattering, while (y/n) pitched in every while to not discourage the boy from talking.

(Y/n) paused her walking, turning back to look at the boy who was blushing and staring down at the floor. Twiddling his fingers nervously, making her frown before walking closer to the boy. "What's wrong Naruto?" The boy hesitantly looked up at her, "Can we get get ramen?" That was not was she expected to hear. Sighing out in relief, gently nodding her head.

"Yeah, we can get ramen." She breathed out, watching the boy once more perk up. Naruto boldly grabbing her hand with his own small hand, excitedly ushering her to small restaurant. This wasn't where (y/n) hand in mind to go to eat but seeing the bright smile on the young's face was enough for her.