19 ✧ caregiver

"This doesn't count as girl talk if there is a male present. Well maybe it still does."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

(Y/n) was left to her own demise, the only person who could have saved her was currently sprawled out on the couch. His little mouth half open with a small line of drool dribbling down the side of his mouth, his chest rising and falling as he took breaths. A small blanket placed over his body as he was taking a nap. All the excitement from the day finally catching up and taking a toll on his small figure. Though, the blond boy was active enough to steal all the attention of her friends after he got over his initial shyness. Eagerly talking about things that fascinated him due to his young age and endless curiosity.

(Y/n) was grateful for the fact that the attention was off her because personally she wasn't looking forward towards the talk that had brought her overly nosy friends to her place. The female felt guilty for using Naruto in the sense as a distraction up until she finally realized that the boy was young and he did indeed need a nap before his happy mood turned cold and snappy. So she had initially wanted to put him into their bedroom so he wouldn't be bothered by the noise but the boy protested saying that he would prefer to be near her so that he wouldn't be afraid.

It was heartwarming, so (y/n) laid him down on the couch where he quickly passed out and she went to her room and brought the boy a blanket to cover himself so he wouldn't get chills. That left (y/n) alone with the vultures, also known as her friends. The three were all currently lounging at her small dining table. (Y/n) nervously tapping her fingers against the smooth wood. Eyes flickering to the curling lips of Kurenai, red orbs glimmering with a hidden emotion underneath them.

"You seem nervous (y/n)," Kurenai's lips pulled into a smirk. "Does this have anything to do with our silver-haired shinobi? Possibly a sudden change in relationship, hmm?"

Genma scoffed, "Kurenai maybe you should start off easy. Like maybe, how in the world did you end up as a guardian to a little boy that calls you mom?"

"I specifically came to discuss (y/n)'s now pending relationship with Kakashi." Kurenai insisted with a glare directed to the only male their age. "I can always ask about Naruto afterwards."

"I can speak about both," (y/n) nervously laughed. Wanting to break the sudden tension between her friends. Though it seemed that her intervention wasn't going to work.

Kurenai arched an eyebrow. "Why are you even here? This is girl talk, which of my eyes deceive me you aren't a girl, Genma." Her red-wine orbs solely focused on the annoyed male.

Genma sighed exasperatedly, throwing his head back. Why he decided to tag along was a mystery to him. "You're always in other people's relationships because Asuma and you are still dancing around each other."

The male flinched at the hard smack that he earned from the dark-haired female. Halfheartedly rubbing his now sore arm before furthermore slumping into the wooden chair. "Whatever. Let's just talk about (y/n) and Kakashi."

(Y/n) sighed softly, she just knew that Kurenai was going to be disappointed when she learned that literally nothing has happened between her and the fellow shinobi. Well, she had tried to tell them but the two didn't seem to exactly listen to her. But knowing Kurenai, this was only going to spur on the female into trying to set her up. (Y/n) silently debated if she really did feel bad in the beginning for ignoring her friends or if she had only said that because they were right in front of her.

𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 ; hatake kakashi (discontinued)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara