05 ✧ caregiver

"Who knew such a small child could ease all my worries?"
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

(Y/n) let out a sigh of relief, at the sight of her now nearing apartment complex. The child in her arms has yet to awaken, making her slightly worried that the boy could be ill. Making her question how long the child has been laying down in the rain.

Another whimper snapped her out of her thoughts, making her close her umbrella with a slight difficulty. Before rushing into the complex, heading up multiple stairs until she finally reached her own door.

Pausing outside her door, frowning as she tried to catch her breath. Years of being a trained kunoichi shouldn't have leaves her breathless from climbing up the endless stairs. Really this break of hers was only making her lazier and out of shape. Pulling out her key, (y/n) unlocked the door, switching on the lights and placing the umbrella in the corner.

Slipping out of her mud covered shoes, she made her way first into her bedroom. Deciding that it would be best for her to try and find the boy a fresh dry outfit or possibly a shirt for now.

As well as an outfit for her too because her trusty umbrella failed in a way to keep her completely dry from the rain. Not that she really cared anymore, her top priority was to make sure the boy was fine first. (Y/n) first looked through her draws for any clothing, making sure her movements wouldn't jostle the boy to much. Smiling once she found a shrunken down shirt, noting that it still might swallow the small child.

Finding it sad that the boy seemed to be underweight for a child of four or five. (Y/n) decided that no child in her house would go underfed, as she would make sure that once the boy awakened from his bath that she would feed him a warm meal. "Okay lets go get you washed." (Y/n) mumbled to herself, standing up and walking into her bathroom. Placing down the clothes onto the counter of the sink, turning on the nozzle for the bath. Humming gently to herself, her hand under the water to make sure that the water wasn't too hot but not too cold.

Stopping the flow of the water, (y/n) gently patted the boys back. Not taking long for the boys bright blue eyes to flutter open, looking around confused before squirming frantically in her arms. "Hey it's okay I'm not going to hurt you." (Y/n) calmly said, masking her nervous she actually was at the freaking out child. The boy looked at her carefully, heading tilting as if he was trying to decide if she was trustworthy. "I just need to wash you okay. If you don't want me to help you it's okay but I need to watch you just in case." That seemed to win the boy over, as he hesitantly took small steps towards her.

(Y/n) took it as a sign that it was alright to help him. Slowly reaching her arms out towards him, keeping her movements slow so she wouldn't startle the child. Pulling up the bottom of his shirt, smiling at how he raised his arms up. She then unbuttoned his shorts, pulling both his shorts and underwear down in one swipe. Before softly placing her hands under his armpits and putting him in the water.

"Is it warm enough for you?" (Y/n) questioned, watching the child move his feet in the water. The small giggles escaping his mouth, brought a grin to her face. Taking it that the water was satisfactory enough for him. Her eyebrows furrowing, at the way his small smile turned down into a pout.

"It's dirty." His small voice reached her ears. As he looked at the now murky water before looking up at her. "You were dirty so now the water is dirty." (Y/n) kept it simple, not wanting to confuse the child with big words. Chuckling at how the boy just nodded his head slowly taking her words in. "Do you need me to help you?" She asked, not wanting to loose the little trust she has gained.

The boy looked up at her again, blinking at her before nodding his head in confirmation. (Y/n) flashed him a small smile, grabbing an empty bottle of soap before dunking it under the water. Filling it up before tilting his head back slightly for the water to not get into his eyes, as she poured the water on his face. Reaching past him, (y/n) grabbed her soap placing a generous amount of her hand. Rubbing both her hands together before gently scrubbing his hair.

Making sure to massage his scalp, once she was sure he was leaning into her touch. "Sweetheart, I need you to close your eyes so that the soap doesn't burn them." Smiling at how he did as he was told, she filled the bottle again. Before pouring the water down on his hair, running her finger through the hair to rid of any left over soap. Taking in how bright and yellow his hair actually was when it wasn't filthy.

She then grabbed her body wash and sponge, before lightly scrubbing away the dried dirt on his body. Not feeling bothered in any way at the feeling of being watched by the boy. Deeming him clean she pulled the drain plug letting the dirty water escape the tub. (Y/n) pulled away lifting him out the bath tub and quickly wrapping him up in a towel. Helping the boy dry himself and slipping on her shirt, letting out a laugh at how the shirt became a dress to the boy.

(Y/n) picked up the child, waiting in anticipation for him to try and escape her grasp. For it to never come, making her way out the bathroom she placed the child on her bed. "Okay wait here for a bit. I'm going to get dressed." The boy nodded his head, (y/n) gave him one last smile before heading into the bathroom to clean herself. She really didn't want to get sick for wearing wet clothes.

Once she returned, she saw that the boy was at the edge of the bed, swinging his legs back and forth. Before pausing as he noticed her enter and giving her a small smile. (Y/n) couldn't help but smile back at the adorable boy.

"Are you hungry?" With that one sentence, (y/n) watched that small smile turn into a large toothy grin.