20 ✧ caregiver

"Let's not be alone anymore."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Naruto, you're crushing me." (Y/n) sleepily groaned with her eyes closed. Laying sprawled out on her bed, the female could feel the heavy weight that was settled on top of her chest and stomach. While the weight could be comforting in a sense, right now the female was having a hard time breathing. The little boy had decided in his sleep that the best cushion was apparently her.

The blond boy only groaned and buried his face further into the crook of her neck when her hand came to slightly move him off of her. (Y/n) could only let out a deep sigh, a hand coming up to her face to rub the bleariness away from her eyes. Before letting her hand fall back over her pillow. This was her life now. Getting suffocated by a boy no older than four in her sleep. Well, there are worse ways to go she supposed.

A lazy smile appeared on her face, her other hand coming to rest on Naruto's back. Soothingly running up and down the length of his spine. The boy's quiet hum and evening breaths were made apparent by her action. This had become her normal routine. It was difficult at first, she had and still doesn't have no clue how to raise a child but it was worth learning. This was worth it because now she gets to wake up every single morning with the small boy trying to suffocate her.

"Naruto," (y/n) whispered. Stopping her hand from caressing her back and coming up to lightly trace his whiskered cheek. "It's time to get up. Aren't we supposed to meet your friends today?"

The female could only laugh lightly at how the boy groggily lifted up his head. Her hand coming up to push away the blond fringe that was falling in front of his eyes. The boy only groaning softly as he leaned into her touch. His blue eyes blinking away the drowsiness but closed once more as he let his head fall back onto her on neck.

"I'm tired," Naruto mumbled, his small hand gripping the female's shirt and balling it into a fist as he held onto it.

"Your friends will be sad if we don't meet them, Naruto." (Y/n) tried to convince the sleepy boy. Though, it seemed that the words didn't really mean anything to the boy.

"Still tired," Naruto groaned. His face scrunching up in annoyance. "I wanna sleep all day."

(Y/n) let out a deep sigh, "Don't we all."

"Naruto slow down." (Y/n) lightly scolded. Her arm outstretched due to the boy's grasp on her hand. Wincing every time she accidentally shouldered someone and apologizing for her actions. "Naruto." The seriousness in her tone finally making the boy falter in her steps as he slowed down his pace.

The blond boy now walking right besides her and adorning a small pout that emphasized his chubby, whiskered cheeks. "We're going to slow."

"I don't really feel like apologizing anymore," (y/n) smiled, tightening her hold on Naruto's hand. "Besides, I'm sure they'll still be there despite our pace."

"I just want to show them that I got a mom now." Naruto embarrassingly whispered, his cheeks taking a rosy hue to them. While his blue eyes stayed trained to the ground beneath them.

(Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes visibly softened at the boy's words. Stopping in her tracks, which cause Naruto to stop too, she leaned down till she was crouching on her knees. Letting go of the boy's hand to lift the boy's chin so that he could look her in her eyes. Not caring that other people passing by would witness the small scene.

"You don't have to prove yourself to anyone Naruto," (y/n) said with a serious tone. "As long as you have me by your side, you won't have to prove yourself to anyone other than yourself."