02 ✧ caregiver

"How strange I found it that a child was all alone in the middle of the forest."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Hello." (Y/n) softly said, approaching the child calmly. Watching the child sit up right away and look at her with his beautiful blue eyes. The little boy eyed her carefully, before scooting away from her. While the action was expected from (y/n), it still hurt her because it obviously meant that the child didn't trust her enough.

Making her wonder what exactly the little boy has gone through because to (y/n), children trust and converse with strangers very easily. And knowing that the boy has done the exact opposite made (y/n) fear that something or someone has done the child wrong. (Y/n) then noted that the little boy was dirty, it didn't bother her as much because it was normal for kids to get dirty right away.

"What's your name?" (Y/n) tried again to speak with the boy. Frowning at how the boy once more scooted further away from her before looking down at the ground. The action reminded her of a frightened injured animal that was about to be cornered. And that thought didn't settle quite well with her. Deciding that it was best to introduce herself first so that hopefully the boy would feel a little better around her.

"My name is (y/n) (l/n)." She introduced, giving a gentle smile at how the boy looked up at her before his eyes fluttered back down to the ground. She was finally getting through to the boy, even if it was just a quick eye contact. (Y/n) slowly took a seat on the ground, staying a small distance away from the boy. To not make him feel uncomfortable in the slightest.

"Usually I come here when I need to relax. Most of the time it's just me alone but it seems today I have you to keep me company." Naruto peeked up at the lady, finding it strange that she was actually talking to him nicely. Because most of the times, people only scream and call him names and sometimes they hit him.

It confused him and it made him only more wary of her. He didn't know if she was only doing this to trick him and then punish him for falling for it. But then again, what if she was actually nice? Digging his little fingers into the grass to pull on them, he just shook away the thought. The lady would never to nice to a demon like him.

"Do you come here often?" (Y/n) asked, immediately feeling silly with herself. She was talking to the child as if he was the same age as her. "No." The small hesitant voice broke the silence, (y/n)'s eyes widened quickly looking at the boy who had a little blush on his chubby whiskered cheeks. His gaze meeting hers before falling back down to the grass covered ground. Sure it was just one word, but that's all it took for (y/n) to get excited.

(Y/n) hummed, laying down on her back and staring up at the clouds. "I do but I already told you that." She mused, turning her head back to the blond boy, smiling widely at how he copied her action, him too now laying on his back. "Will you tell me your name now?" (Y/n) questioned, looking back up at the sky. Naruto only shook his head, before looking at her to see that she now had her eyes closed.

"Your silence tells me no." She was right, Naruto wasn't going to tell her his name because he didn't want her to end up hating him too. Maybe if he didn't tell her his name then the strange lady would stay his friend. Were they now friends? He hoped because he's never had a friend before.

"Do you think my hair is strange?" Naruto gazed at her weirdly. Not really understanding why she would ask such a weird question. Until he finally noticed that her hair was a white color, almost like freshly fallen snow. (Y/n)'s eyebrow arched up, at the adorable giggles that came from the boy.  Her hair color was always a safe topic to talk about.

It was an usual color, always succeeding in making others question if it was natural or fake. If she would've been younger, (y/n) would've been greatly offended by his giggles. But now that she's older and more mature, it's something that's she gotten used too. Honestly, she would make more jokes about herself if she got the same cute laugh from the boy every time.

Naruto stopped his giggles, his stomach hurting slightly because he was not used to laughing that much. Noticing that the sky was taking on an orange tinge, making him aware that he would have to get back to the orphanage. He wouldn't be happy if they locked him out for the night.

(Y/n) watched the boy get up, pat off the dirt from his before walking away. Making her sit up, wondering if he would be okay walking by himself. She watched him pause at the edge of the field, shyly turning around and quickly waving bye at her before running off. She couldn't help but grin stupidly and wave her hand back at him even if he wasn't there anymore.

Getting up from the ground, dusting away any traces of dirt. Taking one last glance where the blond boy stood at before walking out of the forest. Thinking about the strange encounter, while it was unexpected (y/n) agreed that spending time with the boy was interesting. Happy with herself that she decided to leave her home today. And hoping that when she visited again that he would be there and ready to talk to her.