15 ✧ caregiver

"You're finally mine and we'll finally go to our home. Your home."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Paperwork was never (y/n)'s strong point. It greatly reminded her of her years in the academy where they had to do the occasional homework assignment. But this paperwork was intended for her custody of Naruto, so it was something that was needed to be done in order to bring him home.

Just the thought of bringing the blond back to their home was enough to put a blinding smile to her face. The smile so wide on her face that after the initial fear Naruto had towards her expression that his concern for her hurting herself was made present. Sighing contently, (y/n) finally finished the paperwork.

Walking out the building, her hand softly grasping onto the small blond's hand. The exact thought hitting as soon as she was met with fresh air. She was now technically and legally a mother. A mother who was barely a young adult, but it strangely didn't leave her disturbed. It was what she wanted anyways. She was proud to be the legal caregiver to Naruto.

"Where do you want to celebrate Naruto?" (Y/n) questioned. Her (e/c) eyes peering down to look at the boy.

"Can we get ramen?" Naruto asked, his bright, blue eyes looking up at her. The questioning look on his adorable face was enough to have her nodding her head in agreement.

"If that's what you want then that's what we'll have." (Y/n) gleefully replied. The pair hand in hand walking besides each other. Strategically avoiding the people who sent odd stares at the both of them.

(Y/n) wanting to avoid any confrontation with people who didn't seem to mind their own business. She didn't want to ruin Naruto's day nor did she want to ruin this feeling of lightness that was lingering inside her chest. Really, it felt as if she were in a dream that she never wanted to wake up from. That's how happy she was.

"Can we get a dog now that I live with you?" Naruto curiously asked.

(Y/n) made a face. "No, we won't have enough time to take care of a dog. Maybe when you're a bit older."

It was now Naruto's turn to make a face. "How old do I have to be?"

"Old enough so that you know you're responsible enough to take care of a dog. Why do you ask?" (Y/n) chimed.

Naruto smiled, his blue eyes lighting up. "My friend Kiba had a puppy. He's so cute. I thought we could have one."

(Y/n) smiled at how excited Naruto seemed to get over talking about his friends puppy. That and it made her happy knowing that Naruto indeed have friends before she came along. Even if it was one friend, it was enough reassurance for her. Naruto wasn't completely alone. She'd have to ask further about any more friends of his.

It was best for her to know who her child hung around with and it was ideal for her to meet not only the children but the children's parents. Especially, if Naruto wanted to invite from over or have play dates at their house.

"Look, it's the guy from last time." Naruto exclaimed. His small finger pointing at the older male. (Y/n) would have to remind him later on that pointing at people was a rude gesture.

"Old man, can I try on your headband this time?" (Y/n) was mortified.

She had not wanted to approach Kakashi nor did she want to listen to him berate her for Naruto's actions. (Y/n) had simply wanted to enjoy her day with Naruto and pretend that Kakashi wasn't in the same proximity as her. The male was known for being quite quiet so it wouldn't have been a problem for her anyways. Maybe the occasional rude stare but other than that there would be no talking.