Chapter Fifteen

I dart through the trees, frantically searching for the massacre sight. Surely it was in this area.

My feet stop once I spot the blood on the ground. My heart begins to race as my hands shake with fear. It's empty.

The bodies are no longer here.

I jog towards the small hill and see that Reece's corpse is not there either. "Fuck!" I scream in frustration and confusion.

"That's not very ladylike." Chuckles a voice behind me and I tense at its familiarity. No. It can't be.

I turn around and see his grin widen as he sees the horror plastered across my face. "Reece." I whisper.

"In the flesh." He jokes as he twirls the Kynda by its black leather cord "I figured you'd be back looking for this. Honestly, I'm quite appalled at how careless you've been with it. Though if I knew as little about it as you do I would be just as careless." He tosses it at me and I catch it mechanically as my mind is still trying to comprehend how the hell he's still alive after what I did to him.

"Now, I'm going to ask you again. Please come with us Alora." He pleads.

"Us?" I whisper with dread and out of the trees, the rest emerge. Hearts and limbs fully intact and I feel like I've lost my ability to breathe.

"The blood moon will rise in two days. You must come and meet our leader, he will explain everything." Reece he urges. "We will not hurt The Flame."

Curiosity sparkes within me as the Kynda shimmers in my palm. How could something so small be so valuable? What is its purpose, and how does it connect to me?

Curling my hand shut, I look into their glowing green eyes and nod. Reece's face morphs into a triumphant smile until I hold up a finger. "I will go with you on the condition that you never attack Ember Pack again in any way, shape, or form."

He crosses his muscular arms across his chest as he ponders my request. After a few moments of deliberation, he gives a reluctant nod. "You have my word that no harm will ever come to the Ember Pack at our hands. I swear it."

Clasping the Kynda around my neck, I sweep my arm dramatically. "After you then."

He smirks and nods at the group to begin the run. I wait for a moment before following. The rush of cold air slaps my face the faster I run. Being a werewolf grants us the ability to run at roughly ninety-five miles per hour. That in and of itself is impressive. However, the speed at which we are traveling at this moment is beyond impressive. It's mind blowing.

My mind is further blown when I spot a sign saying "Welcome to Canada." Because there is no way that I traveled from Delaware to Canada in less than two hours. No way.

The moment we cross the border the air feels cleaner, fresher. The sun is shining just a little bit brighter as we whiz past the beautiful cities teeming with life. My wolf yips happily in my mind as we disappear into the vibrant green forest. I allow my wolf's mind to push closer to the surface without allowing her to take over completely. A smile stretches onto my face at her excitement as we share this moment. With all the chaos in the last few years, I haven't exactly made time to bond with my wolf.

I allow myself to focus on my wolfs' happiness for a moment. But the moment I do, we run past an invisible shield and I am instantly on alert. How do I know this? One: I felt the same tingling sensation as I do when I cross the shield at Wolf Bay. And two: The vibrant green forest has been replaced by frost-covered trees.

We come to a stop before a beautiful crystal arch with two men guarding the entrance. The moment they lay eyes on me they simultaneously kneel. I resist the urge to roll my eyes and Reece motions for me to follow him through the archway. A few yards ahead I spot a large mansion made with black bricks situated in front of a gorgeous waterfall. The black mansion is a striking contrast against the white snow that surrounds it.