Chapter Twenty Eight

Pushing past my wolf's fear, I take over. Using all of my strength to duck past his attack, I clamp my sharp canines into his side. He snarls and flips backward at a strange angle causing me to lose my grip on him. He clamps down hard on my lower abdomen and rips out a large chunk. Blood immediately gushes out and his red eyes shine in amusement as he swallows. His wolf winks and he darts through the portal. I howl in anger and force myself to stand and sprint through. What I see is surreal. The scene looks exactly the way it did three hundred years ago. Except this time I am seeing everything through my own eyes.

The League is here fighting off everyone who opposes Emerson. I look around and see my grandfather fighting against Reece while more packs arrive. John, the alpha of the Crescent pack came trudging out of the trees alongside Alpha Ryder and Alpha Blake. I never thought I'd be so relieved to see them in my life.

Off to the side, I see Nick leading in our pack and my heart immediately triples in speed. I've no time to say anything as I hear Rose and now Asha chanting to send Emerson back. The moon casts a spotlight around Emerson and since I'm right on his ass it covers me as well. I hear Nick's howl and my wolf immediately jerks her head towards the sound. I shake her to the back of my mind and push past the dizzy feeling as I latch onto his hind leg and pull it out of place. He snarls and knocks me so far back I fall back through the portal. My wolf whines from the blood loss. I look down and the amount of blood spilling out of me is concerning.

If I'm going to die I'm taking Emerson with me. Huffing out in pain, I slowly come to stand and take a moment to ready myself.

Come on, you know we can do this. This is why I was brought into this world. Let's bring this bastard back, then we can join father and the others.

Gathering up what's left of my energy, I burst through the portal and latch onto his hind legs and pull him backward with all my strength. His upper half drops to the ground and he growls but can't fight against the moon, the witches, and me at the same time.

I hear a wolf cry out and see Fallon being attacked by none other than Lucinda. Where the hell is Josh?

Another cry off to my left and I see one of Blake's wolves getting his throat ripped out. We're losing this fight. The League is too powerful. My eyes lock with Lucius as he protects the witches. He nods to the left and to my surprise I see Clementine and the vampires hissing to get past the barrier.

I am so going to regret this I thought to myself as I shift back into my human form and the bleeding worsens. At this rate, I may only have a few minutes left. "Asha! Lift the barrier!"

She looks at me then at the barrier with uncertainty but one reassuring touch from Lucius and she breaks the barrier down. The vampires slither in and Clementine immediately comes straight towards us. Emerson growls and shifts back, sneering at her in disgust. "You just don't give up do you?"

She spits venom in his face which causes his face to sizzle as she smiles evilly "My father is dead because of you. I promised the kingdom he would be avenged. This is me keeping that promise."

She lunges at him and they begin their deadly fight. She claws at the deep scar on his face making it bleed and he growls angrily. I take this opportunity to race over and help my pack. Relieved to see Fallon kicking Lucinda's ass. I stopped her when she was about to rip out the girl's heart.

"Fallon stop."

She halts instantly and looks at me. "Why?"

I shook my head at Lucinda who was going to take advantage of the distraction.

"She's Josh's mate. And Lucinda, this is his sister. Maybe you should try to get along instead of killing each other." I explain.

"Fallon?" We hear a voice call, looking up we see Josh running towards his sister. The siblings immediately crash into each other and hold on for dear life. It's a sweet sentiment but right now I only have one question.