Chapter Three

~~~ Hi just popping in really quickly to dedicate this chapter to Seren_ityLauft your comments brighten my day. 😬 That is all, carry on~~~

Wolf Bay.

A nice secluded area near the sea. It's where generations of Alphas have made peace treaties and discussed battle strategies. It's a sacred place where no one can attack. It's neutral territory, protected by the Moon Goddess.

Several decades ago when The Crescent Pack was under attack by the vampires, they sought refuge in Wolf Bay. The moment they set foot on the bay the vampires hissed in pain, unable to follow. Only werewolves are allowed past the invisible shield. No one knows why the Moon Goddess chose this spot to protect, but it is a sacred place nonetheless. It's our safe haven.

As we approach the bay my wolf yips excitedly in my mind at the sight of the clear blue sea up ahead. The sun was beginning to set, casting a calm orange and pink glow in the sky. We pass the imaginary line that separates the bay from the forest and my skin tickles. Warmth spreads through my body as we pass the invisible shield. I look over to see Nick's eyes closed and a peaceful smile on his face. He felt it too. Some believe it's the Moon Goddesses' way of showing her love.

I park the car along the sand next to the others and climb out. Walking toward the cluster of alphas and their betas near the shore. The chatter immediately ceases as they spot me. Some showed fear. Some showed arrogance. Others showed curiosity, but my favorite was the hostility from Blake. Smirking at all the men standing before me I raise my eyebrow.

"Are we going to begin the meeting at some point or will you continue to waste my time by gawking at me?" I sass as I strut past them. Walking into the dilapidated ruins where centuries ago a castle used to stand proud. I reach the raggedy oval table and rigid wooden seats. It's not the most comfortable setup, but it's where we come to gather to reach peaceful resolutions. Sixteen seats in total, nine of them empty. I, of course, opted for the largest one at the head of the table, and growls immediately erupted. I arch a brow and slowly sit down as I stare at them straight on. "Is there a problem Blake?"

He bares his teeth in my direction but his beta whispers in his ear to let it go. I grin as I make myself comfortable and lean back. Nick fights a smile as he tries to remain serious at my side.

"No." He answers as he and the others take their seats.

"Fantastic. Now someone explain why I have been summoned away from my pack." I state in a strong, commanding voice. As imagined their alpha pride did not take well to the tone.

"We did not think you would actually show." Mentioned one alpha as he tried to hold my stare. In the end, his eyes averted and he cleared his throat. My red eyes can be too much for some to see, unnerving.

"If not for my beta, I wouldn't have. He suggested I attend this meeting because after all, it's not every day the big boys admit they need a woman's help. Perhaps you've grown weak, in which case taking over your packs should be a piece of cake."

I joke, holding back my smile as they immediately break out in an explosion of rage. All but one, the oldest of us. John, the current alpha of Crescent Pack. He settles them down and turns to look at me, staring steadily into my eyes as he speaks.

"It is true Alpha Lume. We summoned you because we indeed need your help. The enemy we face, you've encountered them before... and survived." He begins "Of course the majority of your old pack did not. We are very interested in how exactly is it that a group of sixteen-year-olds were able to escape the clutches of such vicious bloodthirsty wolves when not even the late Alpha Lume could?"