Chapter Twelve

~Present Day~

His ice-blue eyes glare down at me as he slams my head back onto the metal table I'm strapped into. Tugging on my hair, he slants my face up to better meet his gaze. My eyes sting as the blinding white light above irritates my sensitive eyes.

"You missed me?" He smirks as he pulls a knife from the table behind him and points it at my face. "I told you this wasn't over. I am a man of my word."

My wolf growls in my mind, which causes the collective mind-link to go on alert. I block my mind from my pack and meet his gaze straight on. No need to worry them when I can handle the situation. He dips the knife in liquified silver, grinning as he slices down my clavicle. My skin hisses at the contact and my skin bubbles up as the silver drips into the wound like acid. The hunter's face falters at my lack of reaction. I feel quite bored.

"Oh, so the little bitch has grown some balls. Okay then." He spits out as he tightens his hold on the knife before plunging it into my thigh. My eyebrow twitches as the pain sets in, but I stare into his eyes and smirk. His eyes brighten as he sees the challenge in my expression. With an evil smile, he walks behind me and I hear him shuffle around a bit before coming back into my line of vision. He presses a button that makes the metal table hoist me upright. Once we're at eye level, he grips my jaw harshly.

"I have dreamed of killing you for the past three years. I've imagined your ear-piercing scream begging for me to kill you." He begins while he pours hot silver down my skin. He rips open my shirt and pulls out the knife from my thigh. With a vicious smile, he cuts across my torso and stomach before pouring silver into the open wounds.

I am no stranger to pain. After a while, it's even pleasurable. I'm a ruthless bitch.

"What a sweet thing to say." I flirt as I bite my lip "Here you are obsessing over me while I'd forgotten all about you. Jesse, was it? Such a handsome mortal. I'd love to hang that beautiful face of yours above my fireplace."

His eyes flash with fury for a moment before he regains his composure "After I'm done with you... you are going to wish I'd killed you all those years ago. The last thing you will ever see on this Earth will be my face."

I sigh and roll my eyes, growing tired "Listen as entertaining as this has been. I have more important things I need to attend to."

He arches a brow "Oh? Could it have anything to do with this?" He asks as he dangles the Kynda in front of me by its thin black leather cord. His face brightens as he finally gets a reaction from me.

Rolling my eyes, I pull my arms free of their metal cuffs with ease. His eyes widen slightly before he holds the Kynda in front of me in a threatening way.

"Ah ah ah. Take one more step and I kill you now." He spits out venomously and I snort. "You don't know what this is do you?" He asks as he studies my face.

"Of course I do. Just toss it over before you hurt yourself." I say in annoyance as I hold my hand out expectantly.

He laughs humorlessly "You creatures are a plague on this planet and soon you will be eradicated from it. I will protect this Earth and avenge my sister. Once your usefulness has run its course, so will your life." He threatens.

"Okay." I reply with a shrug as I reach for the Kynda. The moment I wrap my hands around it, it begins to burn my hand. Flames burst from it and I try to release it but my body is paralyzed. Jesse looks at me in confusion before nodding at his men to shoot me with their tranq guns. The prick of dozens of darts piercing my skin makes my wolf howl in agony as my blood hardens in my veins. When my throat closes up, I realize that they've injected me with more than just silver. The Kynda returns to its normal state and Jesse pries my hand open, placing it in his pocket. My vision starts to fade and he smirks.