11 ~ Smile

The Karasuno bus arrived to the now familiar building. Kageyama got off with the rest of the team. As he walked into the building a sudden burst of excitement hit him.

This would be the first time ever that Hinata watched him play in a real match. He wanted to show off in front of his friend, but more than that he had this aching feeling that Hinata should be on the court beside him.

He got warmed up, continuously glancing to the seats where tons of Karasuno and Shiratorizawa students gathered. But he didn't care about any of them he only wanted to see one short orange haired boy up there.

The match was about to start and he couldn't spot Hinata anywhere. As his name was called from the speaker he walked onto the court. He wasn't sure what this feeling was... anger or betrayal.

Hinata said he would be here. So why isn't he here?

As the match was about to start Kageyama glanced up one last time and felt a smile creep onto his face when he saw that short boy smiling leaning so close to the railing that if he were bumped he would fall over it.

As Hinatas eyes caught Kageyamas his smile widened and he gave a thumbs up. In that moment Kageyama noticed something strange. Hinata was in a normal t-shirt.

The oversized hoodie he had worn nonstop for the past six months was nowhere to be seen. Kageyama shrugged bringing his attention back to the game.

The first set went by pretty quick, Karasuno didn't even stand a chance. During the second set they regained their footing, taking the set with a lot of effort. The third set was much like the first and the fourth like the second.

It was now tied up for sets. The fifth set had started. Karasuno was struggling against the powerhouse school, but they were holding on. From the stands Hinata watched intensely. He cheered whenever Karasuno got a point, and when it was because of Kageyama he made sure Kageyama heard his cheers.

He gripped the railing tight hoping Karasuno could get the win. It was so close, they were tied up the next team to get two points in a row would be declared the winner. Hinata wanted more than anything to see Kageyamas expression when he won.

However, the clock in the corner of the room caught his eye. It read 3:22PM. Hinatas heart raced at the sight of the time. At that moment Karasuno had taken the lead. Hinata knew they could get that last point, he knew that they would.

But instead of staying and watching the end of the game, Hinata got up from his seat and walked away from the court. As he opened the door he was welcomed with a bright light. It sure was sunny.

No one was standing around outside, everyone was inside intrigued by the intense game. Hinata looked behind him. As the doors were closing he could just barely make out Kageyama setting the ball. He couldn't see who it was going to, but he could tell it was going to be a perfect set.

He watched Kageyama happily, glad he could still see him, even from outside. Hinata then heard the crowd cheering wildly and he knew Karasuno had won. He knew that Kageyama had done it.

Hinatas smile was wider and brighter than it had ever been before, as he got one last glimpse of Kageyama as the door was closing. Kageyama had a genuine smile on his face, the kind that Hinata had to work so hard to see.

Then the door closed.