DADDY DEAREST

I took in a deep breath, staring at the stack of four journals before me. The pages that were filled with dark magic, thoughts of murder, plans, devotions to Tom Riddle and his pure blood cause. I grabbed the locket in my hand as tight as I could, allowing the darkness to take over.

Darkness.

Black faded across my eyes and I spun down into the alternate world that I had seen before. I was sitting in the Hogwarts library, looking at him and he was looking at me.

"Armena, it is so nice being able to see you again."

Tom Riddle was seated before me, dressed in his Slytherin robes. His dark wavy hair was smoothed back into perfection. Not a single hair was out of place. It was terrifying how much we resembled each other from the shape of our eyes, to our wavy hair, to our tall and lanky frames. Yet, his eyes were haunting and hollow. He sat causally in his chair, his face the picture of someone who had no soul. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"I see you got my message" Tom Riddle hissed at me.

With slow movements, my fingers went up to touch my neck. The feeling of sharp pain reminded me of the thin, purple burn lines around my neck. His lips curled up slightly, almost as if her were amused. I closed my eyes clutching the locket close to my chest. 

I was playing a very dangerous game, but I had to know.

"What do you want from me?" I snapped.

"I had a feeling that you have been, let's say, letting curiosity get the best of you" he let out a low chuckle. "Am I correct? Have you been lying to the ones that you love, Armena?" 

How did he know? 

"You are not real!" I spit, the venom and the hatred for my father clear with my tone. "And if you mean finding out about your little cult or gang here at Hogwarts, then yes." 

I crossed my arms over my torso, feeling slightly childish. Almost as if I was hiding something that I did from my parents. No, this dark wizard in front of me was most certainly not my parent. We shared the same blood and that was it. 

Tom Riddle let out a low and menacing chuckle. His eyes blazing with delight over my words. I felt a wave of nausea roll over me. I didn't like this. Something felt so utterly wrong and dirty being here with him. All alone in this alternate universe where no one knew where we were. My friends were all in class. How much time had passed since I left that room panicking? Would they find my cold, dead body lying on the Slytherin common room floor? Would they even care if I died? They had only known me for a few short months, what was I to them? I was just some witch, a new project for them to take over. I felt all of the anger start to flow within me. Like it was consuming me and the darkness within me was taking over. 

Something was wrong. 

"My friends and loyal followers, Armena..." he leaned forward, "saying it's a gang just sounds so... wrong."

"Oh let me correct that then," I kept my gaze on him, refusing to back down, "your Death Eaters." 

"And yours" he lowered his chin towards me in respect. 

"You are wrong on that one!" I fired back. 

I clenched my jaw tightly, narrowing my emerald eyes at Riddle. He just looked back at me, not even caring about the expression of pure hatred on my face. He just simply waved his hand, sending another pulse of anger through my body. 

"Lestrange and Nott are no more than mere friends..." he drifted off, almost as if he were reminiscing about his past life. Yet nothing about this moment felt nostalgic in any shape or form. "I would say similar to the gang of friends you have made here in Slytherin. How wonderful is it that the young Nott boy and you are acquaintances. I always had such high hopes for that boy, too bad his father was weak."