DREAMS

Armena Riddle-Lestrange

"Class today we will be looking into the future and beyond!" Professor Trelawney waved her arms around dramatically.

I rested my cheek on my palm, as I stared down on the dark wood floor of the classroom. I allowed myself to be sucked into deep thought about a boy with pale blonde hair. 

Draco. 

My pulse quickened at the thought of him. I didn't want him to have this effect on me but he did and I fucking hated it. Well, that was a lie and I shouldn't tell lies. 

The truth was, I have been avoiding Draco as much as possible and it's clear he's been avoiding me. Ever since that day in the library, we both refused to even share stolen glances. It was completely frustrating, considering the fact that I now had to finish our twelve sheets of parchment on topics that I would rather not learn about. What would have happened if he stayed in the library? 

I didn't want to think about what might have happened if Filch didn't catch us, but I did think and I fucking thought a lot. 

Would he have kissed me? 

Would I have let him? 

Would there of been more?  

These were the constant questions that floated around my head like Cornish pixies. 

I let out a deep breath trying to steady the thumping in my chest. I watched as the dust swirled on the rays light that were reflecting onto the floor of the attic classroom. It reminded me of the way the light looked the other week in the library. 

"He has been absolutely insufferable!" Pansy groaned, bumping the table. 

"I will say he has been in a mood" Naomi flicks a piece of lint off of her robe.

"Well, have you seen him lately?" Pansy says. "Armena?" 

Silence.

"Armena?" Pansy huffs and bumps table, knocking the crystal ball into my lap.

"Hm what?" I snapped my head up, breaking myself out of my thoughts. 

Thoughts of Draco, that is. 

I shook my head, trying to reorient myself. I picked up the clear crystal, setting it back on the stand. 

"I said..." Pansy snaps, clearly annoyed with having to repeat herself. "Have you seen him lately?" 

Fuck. 

"No— Not since we worked on our paper for Snape's class" I rolled my eyes, "he was in quite a mood then as well, so I fear that I am no help."

Images flood my mind of us in the restricted section of the library. The way he looked at me. The way he talked to me. The way his touch felt against my body. I sounded fucking pathetic, completely and utterly pathetic. I shut my eyes and let out a ragged breath. 

'I can't feel this way...' my subconscious breathes.

"I just don't understand him" Pansy crosses her arms. "I'm giving him the best head of my life and he won't cum!" she says bluntly.

"Nice Pans..." Naomi rolls her eyes turning her attention to Professor Trelawney.

We dropped the conversation, it was clear that no one wanted to talk about Pansy and Draco's sexual escapades. I rested my cheek in the palm of my hand, listening to Trelawney, who rambles on about how we will be reading tea leaves next class. I found Divinations such a monotonous subject. There was no rhyme or reason when it came to it. I found it impossible to believe that a prophecy or anything of that sort could come to fruition. Timelines, fate and the future were changing constantly.