Chapter 17

Third pov

The kings were reading when a lower guard entered the room. The man gave a respectful bow before waiting for permission to speak.

"What is the issue?" Aro asked without looking up from his book.

"Two of the Cullens have been causing issues, my king. The mind reader and the blonde woman." The light grey clad guard was clearly frustrated. "The mind reader most off all, but since he simply won't stop antagonizing her, she retaliates."

"Would you allow me?"

The guard was happy to let Aro look through his memories.

"Seems that we will have to assign a handler to them after all." Aro sighed.

"I say we let Jane handle a few of them." Caius said. "And Demitri for the others."

Aro thought it over. "Yes, i believe that would be best. That would also allow us to separate them."

The guard was very happy to leave with those orders. The Cullens had been driving him and the others insane for the last three months.

Seeing two of the elite guard bringing them down a peg or two would be much appreciated.

********************************************************

Jane was by herself when she was informed of becoming the handler of Esme Cullen, Emmett Cullen, Jasper Cullen and Rosalie Cullen.

It wasn't very surprising considering their entitled attitude that had developed under over a hundred years of getting away with far too much.

How they'd acted with Cecilia had really been the last straw. A good thing in Jane's eyes.

Her new friend was certainly very lively and said pretty much anything that came to mind, unless she figured it would end badly for the people she liked.

Cecilia obviously had no issues showing the intellect she so clearly has, completely opposite of her sister.

Bella Swan was actually a bit of a walking question mark for Jane and her brother.

The girl seemed to have at least some intelligence, but she was so tied together with Edward Cullen that she never seemed to use it. It's so blatantly unhealthy just how he acts towards her that Jane wonders what the girl fell for.

It could be blatant manipulation of someone desperately wanting to be a part of something. (Be it an adventure, a family or something else.)

Of course it could also be as simple as her just being an entitled witch.

Both are very possible options if going by the information Jane has access to.

She sighed when she saw it was time for her to oversee training of some lower guards.

*****************************************************

Demitri could only shake his head when he found out about being assigned as a handler to half the Olympic coven.

They really couldn't stay out of trouble apparently.

Something that now landed them directly in his sights. And may the lord have mercy on them, because Demitri wouldn't.

The whole coven had gotten preferential treatment for years, something that had spoiled them to the degree where they felt they were above the law.

He was going to break them out of that mindset for the next one hundred years of their sentence.

They should count themselves lucky that they're still alive. Both him and Felix would have had full right to kill the lot of them for the treatment of their mate.

Hell, Cecilia still has the legal right to kill at least the mind reader.

Demitri frowned, he would have to keep an eye on her if the Cullen boy is near. Can't have him dying before having served even a year.

***************************************************************

Somewhere at the borders of Mexico

"I'm glad you agree with us. It will make this much easier."

The dark haired vampire female just rolled her eyes. "You better hold to your end of the deal."

Do you think I'm going too fast? Or not fast enough?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)