Chapter 18

Third pov

Veronica and Cecilia were regularly paired up during training. The two being a well matched sparring pair.

Veronica didn't mind, Cecilia had shown that, despite the temper, she is a very nice girl.

The older vampire blocks a kick with relative ease during training, flips Cecilia over and rolls out of grabbing distance.

A good thing because the youngster quickly tries to grab onto her but only catches air instead.

"Can't do better than that?" Veronica's tone is teasing as she readies for Cecilia to lunge at her.

Because despite her being able to think outside the box for a newborn, she is just that, a newborn. (With quite impressive control. But apparently her sister was much like her so it can be something that runs in the family.)

Just like predicted Cecilia lunges for her and Veronica has to dodge her.

"I think that's enough." Felix voice makes everyone stop. "It's time to switch partners."

They followed the order and soon Veronica was on the other side of the room ready to sparr with another vampure on the smaller side while Cecilia was now facing a guy almost the size of Felix.

It was probably not a good choice because Cecilia felt her nerves starting to get to her.

"Do you want to take a break?" The guy asks.

She thinks it over before nodding.

The hand on her shoulder isn't unexpected as she heard Felix approach. "Think you can find Alec on your own? He can get you something to eat."

"Yeah..."

"Go on. I'll spar with him."

She nodded. "Alright."

*************************************************************

"You people really couldn't keep yourself in check, could you?" Demitri asks dryly.

Carlisle doesn't say anything to that, knowing that nothing he said could explain this away.

Edward was just quietly growling.

Alice was quiet and standing a bit on the side while Bella was standing the farthest away from all of them. Demitri took special note of that.

"Since Eddie here can't control himself, we have decided to assign a handler to all of you. In your case, I'm the handler. Which means I'm responsible for making sure you follow the rules and don't cause unnecessary destruction.

This far we have been nice, even allowed you to go out hunting with a guard present. That privilege is on thin ice with most of you, for Edward it's revoked."

Demitri is pretty sure the only reason Edward didn't try to lunge for him is because he heard him thinking about it.

"From now on you have new sleeping quarters, separated from the ones of you that Jane is now responsible. You will be able to see them, but not all the time."

It had been an interesting discussion but they had all agreed that keeping mates separated, no matter what they'd done, really wasn't right.

"For now though, keep yourselfs in check or i will treat you like the kids your acting like." He finished.

Santiago gave him a nod. "I'll take them to their new quarters."

Demtri gave him a grateful nod and left the room.

Are you guys liking this?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)