Chapter One

Cecilia pov

Alice shook me awake when the plane landed. Italy is beautiful and I can't help but look around as we walk outside to get a ride. Alice disappears for a moment leaving me with Bella. She glares at me until a yellow porche stops in front of us. "Get in." Bella gets in the front and i take the back.

I look out the window at the gorgeous scenery as we speed towards Volterra.

"I'm guessing you didn't rent this car." Bella is holding on for dear life thanks to Alice's driving. "I figured you wouldn't be opposed to grand theft auto." "Not today." Bella looks concerned as she watches the Cullen.

"What, what do you see?"

What does she mean 'see'?

"It's Edward, they refused him. He's gonna make a scene, show himself to the humans."

Okay this just got weirder. Aren't they humans?

Bella looks panicked. "No, when?"
"He's going to wait until noon. When the sun is at its highest."

Okay, great, Bella's non human ex is going to kill himself by letting humans see him and no one is going to explain anything to me? Just great.

Alice drove into a town with beautiful architecture. The whole place is filled with people in red cloaks. "Why are they all in red?" She almost jumps at the question, like she'd forgotten i was here. "It's saint Markus day festival. They're celebrating the expulsion of vampires from the city."

We reached a dead end. "Bella, You're the only one he can't see coming. If i try he'll read my thoughts and think I'm lying, he'll rush into it. Cecilia you need to go with Bella." Bella had already started running when i got out of the car. I push through people as i chase my sister. The sight of Bella's ex glittering makes me stop. "He's glittering. Bella is in love with a guy that glitters." I mumble to myself in disbelief.

They hug and kiss while i try to gather my thoughts. "When were you going to tell me you're dating tinkerbell's long lost son?"

Bella glare at me, which seems to be her favorite thing to do. "Don't call him that!"

I snort. "What? Tinkerbell's long lost son? You did see him glittering, right?"

Steps from the corridor interrupted us.

Two gorgeous men came towards us. One tall with short styled dark brown hair and one shorter with short dirty blond hair. They both had breathtaking red eyes. Instead of freaking me out like the Cullens yellow eyes, they made me feel warm and protected. I felt drawn to them and didn't complain when one of the stopped beside me.

"Gentlemen, we won't be needing your assistance after all." Edward said.

The tall one answered. "Aro wants to speak with you again." The short one glanced at me, a slight smirk on his face. "Nonetheless, we should take this conversation to a more appropriate place." I blushed from the intensity of his gaze.

Edward had paled (don't know how that's possible since he already looks like he came from the morgue.) and kept his protective hold on Bella. "Fine. Bella, why don't you and your sister go enjoy the festival."

The tall one shook his head. "Aro said to bring the girls." Edward growled, like a real growl. "No, you can go to hell" The growl takes me by surprise and i step back.

The shorter one snaps his head my way and looks concerned. Torn between going to me and staying where he was.

"Come on guys, it's a festival." I jump, not having heard Alice come in. "We wouldn't want to make a scene."

The taller one narrows his eyes. "No, we wouldn't." His voice is like heaven and I blush when he catches me staring.

"Enough." A girl that looks younger than me walks with a brisk pace.

Edward looks like he's given up. "Jane."

She looked between the tall one and the short one. "Aro sent me to see what's taking so long." She turned and walked down the corridor again.

Edward, Alice and Bella followed, not looking back at me. It stung that not even Bella tried to see how i took this. A hand on my shoulder snaps me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay darling?" The shorter one has a concerned look.

I nod, letting out a quiet. "I'm fine." He keeps his hand on my back as we catch up to the others.

The tall one hands Edward a cloak. The whole way in the tunnels both men stayed close to me. The shorter one never moving his hand from my back.

I'm secretly grateful for that since it felt strangely calming. We reached a black hole where the small girl disappeared. My heart beats faster as I watch Edward and Alice help Bella down. The tall guy looks at the other one, I'm getting really tired of calling them tall and short,

"Demitri why don't you go first so you can catch her." Demitri nodded and disappeared down the hole. "My name is Felix, you can trust me. I'm just going to help you down." He talked calmingly, like he was talking to a scared animal. It didn't hit me why until I realized how hard i was shaking. "I really don't like the dark."

He somehow heard my mumbled words and a look of understanding passed over his face. "Demitri is waiting for you, you've got nothing to be afraid of." I nodded shakily and let him help me. The drop was short but my heart still raced when Demitri caught me. It felt like falling on concrete but i still held on to him. I didn't have the energy to care that it looked weird. Felix came down with us, his eyes softening for some reason when he saw me.

Demitri pov

The angel in my arms shook as I carried her. Even if it felt like shit to see my mate not feeling well i felt a sense of accomplishment as instead of letting go, she held on to me. Felix watched her from the corner of his eye. I got how he felt. Before i went down the hole she'd been shaking so violently we were both sure she would faint. Her heartbeat calmed down by the time we reached Gianna.

(Edited)

Since it's my birthday I'm going to try and update all my stories :)