seven

You're gonna have to put on a more gruesome fire, tell'em cowards they can be gone.

For or over a week of dating, Juyeon and Helena felt comfortable with each other. Juyeon would always pick up Helena from her school, but never drove her home. It would be a bad idea if he did so.

They mostly talked about what their interests are and would ask each other some questions about their lives that aren't too deep.

Today, Helena asked Juyeon if he could bring her to her to where her mother is. Much to the lady's surprise, the gentleman did.

They went to the hospital where Juyeon brought Helena's mother on that night. Helena could not help but to feel emotional after seeing her mother in a state of comatose. One part of her is blaming herself that it happened to her mother.

"Why do you blame yourself for what happened to your mother?" Juyeon asks Helena as they both got inside his car.

"Because I wasn't there when she needed me," the girl responded quietly with her head hung low.

After hearing Helena's response, Juyeon prevented himself to let out a huff. He only ignored the engine of his car and began driving at a normal speed.

"Juyeon," Helena called out after being silent for a couple of minutes.

The boy only hummed with his eyes still fixated on the road.

"What does our dating have to do with my mother's life?" asked Helena, her eyes now on Juyeon.

Gripping onto the steering wheel with both of his hands, Juyeon shrugged his shoulders. "I don't have any missions to do so far. Kinda bored to stay inside our lair, so I decided to date you."

"Then, does this have to do something with my father? You said it yourself that he betrayed your group," said Helena.

The gentleman let out a sigh. "You and your mother are out of it already," Juyeon tells Helena. "The wrong doings of that man would not lead us on hurting you nor your mother."

"What if I did not agree to go out on a date with you?" asked Helena. "Would you really kill my mother?"

Seeing the traffic light turn red, Juyeon stepped onto the brakes. His eyes then met Helena's own.

"What do you think?" he asks the girl. "Tell me honestly."

Helena stared deep on Juyeon's orbs under the dim lights inside the car. She could not read him no matter how deep she would stare into his eyes. Juyeon's eyes were blank, only showing emptiness.

There are only few seconds left before the traffic light turns green, so Juyeon grabbed the chance to peck on Helena's right cheek.

"That's what I thought," Juyeon smirked before sitting back properly on the driver's seat just as the traffic light turned green. Gripping onto the steering wheel once again he started driving.

Still stuck on the same position, Helena could not process how things happened so quick. She was just trying to ask Juyeon a question, but it ended up on him giving her a peck on the cheek.

"Do you want me to kiss your left cheek or what?" asked Juyeon in a cocky manner. "Is that your first time getting kissed on your cheek?"

In an instant, Helena smacked Juyeon by the arm, startling the boy.

"Whoa, there! I'm driving!" Juyeon almost screamed in panic. "Hit me once I step on the brakes, will you?"

"I'd love that," Helena said as she finally settled down.

"Thank goodness," Juyeon mouthed out in relief.

Silence engulfed them after that. Helena would always steal a glance on Juyeon from the corner of her eye, and she saw him smiling.

She has never seen him smile like that since they met. Juyeon's smile were always playful, but this time, she finally witnessed how real it was.

"Do you want to take a photo of me or you wanted to stare at me longer?" Juyeon asks the girl when he noticed that she has been staring at him from the corner of his eye.

He did not receive any response. With a sigh, he stepped on the breaks. They finally arrived on the usual spot where he drops off Helena.

"Thanks," was all that Helena said before scurrying out of the car and quickly made her way home.

Juyeon was left inside the car with an unbelievable expression drawn on his face. "She already got flustered on that peck that I gave her?" he mouthed out and shook his head after. After a moment, he started driving again to head back on their lair.

Meanwhile, Helena couldn't stop thinking of what happened earlier. It wasn't her first time getting a peck on the cheek by a guy. The only case is that, she only knew Juyeon for over a week.

"Helena, it has been a long time."

Upon hearing the familiar voice that spoke behind her, Helena was frozen. She turned around, only to see Hyunjun.

"Dating Lee Juyeon, I see," Hyunjun chuckled.

"You know him? You saw that?" Helena asked out of surprise.

"I know him and I obviously saw that you got out of his car," replied Hyunjun. "Actually, I am going to meet up with him in less than thirty minutes."

"Hyunjun, don't tell me that you are also one of those people," Helena said after realizing everything that the boy have said.

"What if I really am one of those people?"