eighteen

Take it slow, my lady.

With both of his hands placed at the back of his head, Sunwoo casually walked to their resting area. He almost hit Hyunjae's cheek with his elbow when the latter happened to pass beside him.

"You almost hit my face, Kim," Hyunjae tells the younger as he plopped down on one of the couches. "Why are you even spreading out like that?"

"I just wanted you to smell my underarms," Sunwoo shrugged.

Hyunjae took a sharp inhale with his eyes locked on Sunwoo. Clearly, he is not having Sunwoo's jokes on him.

"Oh," Sunwoo mouthed out. "Are you not in the mood? Me too," he groaned at the end.

"The twins are looking for you. Why can't you just lay beside them and wait for them to fall asleep before you wander around here," says Hyunjae, his voice sounding tired.

Sunwoo's conscience took over him. The kids only have him for now and he isn't with them. Turning on his heel, Sunwoo headed upstairs on Hyunjun's room where the twins will be staying for some time. He slowly opened the door and softly smiled at the sight that greeted him.

The twins are sleeping peacefully on the bed with Juyeon in between them, who is also deep asleep.

Quietly taking his steps towards the bed, Sunwoo tapped one of Juyeon's legs until the latter has woken up from his slumber. Sunwoo gestured for Juyeon to get out of bed and do his own things while quietly mouthing out that he would watch over the twins.

With his eyes still half closed, Juyeon took himself out in between the twins, careful not to wake the kids up. He successfully got out of the bed and gave a tap on Sunwoo's shoulder before heading out of Hyunjun's room.

"Something's off," Juyeon mouthed out right after as he rubbed his eyes, trying to shake off his sleepiness.

The gentleman only shrugged it off and proceeded to make his way towards his own bedroom. Throwing himself on the most comfortable bed, he let his body rest onto the soft mattress with his face buried on his pillow.

Just as Juyeon was about to fall asleep, his charging phone suddenly rang by the bedside table. He lazily picked up the device and looked at the caller ID, rolling his eyes in annoyance after seeing an unknown number. He patiently waited for the call to end, only to be annoyed more.

His phone screen was displaying tons of unread notifications. He only left his phone charging for more than an hour and this is what he would see the first thing. Confusion took over Juyeon, but curiosity got him best when he started opening the notifications.

"Damn it," he cursed when the same unknown number called him again. Thia time, he decided to answer it.

"What a relief that you finally picked up. I tried calling you for almost a hundred of times already."

Juyeon knew who owns that voice. Anger is definitely building inside of him whenever he would hear a thing about that certain person.

"What do you want?"

"I already got what I want," Mr. Kim spoke from the other line. "How come a rebel kid like you was raised by a man that can't even hurt a fly?"

Juyeon was frozen on his spot. That's why he was feeling that something is off. Mr. Kim is really testing him.

"Let him go because he doesn't have to do something with our lives."

"Why worry when he is not even your real father? Is it because he took responsibility of you when your mother─"

"Shut your filthy mouth, old man," Juyeon whispered with gritted teeth. "Stop saying shits on me when you even killed your own wife."

"Alright," the man chuckled on the other line. "I'll let this man go if you can give me what I am asking for."

"What is it this time?"

There was a short pause on the other line and it made Juyeon's heart to pound hard against his chest. He knew that it wouldn't be simple.

"Bring to me my daughter."

"Hell no," Juyeon chortles. "I won't let you lay a hand on her or even see her."

"Is that so? Should I kill this man then?"

"I want evidence, Mr. Kim."

"Evidence that I have the man with me? Sure thing."

After a few seconds, Juyeon received a video attachment. He watched it and it clearly shows that Mr. Kim has this man whom Juyeon treated like his father. The man who accepted him like he was made with his own flesh and blood, the man who never got mad at him despite his wrong doings, and the man who loved his mother until her death.

"Let him go," Juyeon mouthed out after watching the video clip, eyes never blinked once.

"You did not even agree─"

"I will bring Helena to you tonight. Send me your location and be fucking fair this time, Mr. Kim. I ain't playing games when it deals with the important people in my life."