fifteen

Wind and rain when the 'a' meet the 'spade'.

It has been two weeks since that horrible incident happened. The group of young men were already back on their usual daily routine a week after that incident, but Juyeon was kind of late to gather himself.

"Uncle Juyeon, are we waiting for your girlfriend?" the little girl, Jera, asked from the backseat of the car with her head out of the car window.

"Seems like they broke up," Jehwan chimes in as he could see Juyeon's cold gaze.

Juyeon is currently waiting for Helena to come out of the university with the twins inside his car. The children wanted to go with Juyeon even though their uncle Sunwoo refused to. Still, Juyeon brought the twins with them.

"Coule you stop saying things to uncle Juyeon?" Jera asks his twin brother beside her. "Why are you so mean to him?"

Grumpy Jehwan only rolled his eyes out of annoyance. Juyeon's presence just annoys him and he doesn't even know why.

After for so much minutes of waiting, Juyeon spotted Helena walking her way to exit the university. The sight of her was enough to make Juyeon fluster.

Helena's gaze caught Juyeon's presence and it made her smile. She jogged towards the male and gave him a quick hug before cupping both of his cheeks with her warm hands.

Juyeon was too stunned to even move a single inch. He could only look at her sparkling orbs, seeing how happy she was after seeing him.

"How are you doing?" Helena asks Juyeon, making him to gather himself.

"I should be the one asking you that," said Juyeon, trying to dodge Helena's question.

The young lady detached her hands on the cheeks of the male and pushed her lips on a thin line. "I'm doing great. Now, it is your turn to answer my question and don't dodge it this time."

Before Juyeon could even speak, Jehwan spoke up. "He is doing well, but still not good looking enough."

Helena gasped at the sudden voice who spoke, but immediately looked at the twins through the car window from outside. "Hey there, cuties. How are you two doing?" she asks the kids.

"We're doing great!" Jera responded with so much enthusiasm. Meanwhile, Jehwan only shrugged his shoulders.

"Helena, I need to talk with you about something."

Looking back at Juyeon, Helena could only see the stoic expression on the latter's face. It is indeed different from his normal facial expressions.

"Is that the reason why you picked me up?" asked Helena.

"No, of course not," responded Juyeon. "I'm sorry if it took me long enough to show myself. I just needed some space and time," he stated before opening the car door on the shotgun seat and gestured for Helena to occupy it.

Jera closed the car window by the backseat as Juyeon started the engine of the car and took the way that would lead them to the nearest park. The ride was silent as they finally arrived on their destination after fifteen minutes.

Juyeon took the twins with him and led them on the playground with Helena walking beside him. He told the twins to just play around for a bit as he would have a talk with Helena.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" asked Helena as they both sat on the nearby bench.

"Us," Juyeon responded briefly. "About us, yeah."

"What about us?" Helena questioned as she is kind of confused.

"The reason why I dated you is because of your mother and─"

"Are you telling me that we should stop what's between us because mom's gone?"

The male looked away. He could not face her because he already knew what's on her mind.

"Juyeon, tell me honestly," Helena spoke. "Us, and all of the things that we did. Do they matter to you?"

There was silence between them for a short period of time, but Juyeon was quick to break it.

"Yes, they do matter to me," he responded as he finally faced her. "It was only you who made me feel such things that I never felt before."

They stared at each other's eyes for a moment. None of them dared to speak, not wanting to ruin the atmosphere between them. Just then, a crying Jera came running towards Juyeon and showed him her scraped knee.

"How did you scrape your knee?" Juyeon asks the little girl as he brought her on his lap and checked her scraped knee. "Stop crying, okay? The pain will go away soon if you stop crying now."

Helena could only look at the two and felt Jehwan'e presence beside her after some time. "What happened to Jera?" she asks the little boy.

Jehwan looked back, his eyes glaring at that one boy playing by the seesaw. "He pushed her because he wanted to play by the seesaw by himself. I also pushed him as a revenge for what he did to Jera," he angrily said before his eyes landed on Jera. "Such a crybaby," he mumbled after.

Standing up, Juyeon carried Jera on his arms and walked to the nearest convenience store just across the park to buy some first aid needs for Jera's little scrape on her knee. He did not say anything to Helena because he is still too shy to talk to her.

"Miss pretty," Jehwan called out to Helena. "How did you and that Juyeon guy met?"

Helena let out a smile as she reminisced on how did her and Juyeon met. It was pretty unexpected, especially on that kind of situation.

"I saved him from a bunch of bad guys," Helena told Jehwan, in which the little boy's face scrunched up after hearing it.

"He is a bad guy but can't even beat bad guys? He's so complicated that I don't even understand him."

"You know about them?" Helena asked, obviously shocked.

"Of course," Jehwan stated proudly. "Our uncle Sunwoo is also a bad guy. Then, the coolest guy among them is Hyunjun─"

"He's my best friend," said Helena, interrupting Jehwan from speaking.

"Oh," the little boy mouthed out. "That's why you're pretty and cool, but quit dating that Juyeon guy because he does look awful beside you."

That made Helena to stifle a laugh. "But I like Juyeon very much, so I can't just dump him."

"You're pretty tasteless on guys."

"Am I?"

"Yeah, you should've dated Hyunjun instead."

"But he's just my best friend and it would always stay like that."

Little did they know, Juyeon and Jera heard their conversation from the middle.

"Pretty Helena said that she likes you very much, uncle Juyeon," Jera giggled softly while tapping the plaster that is covering her scraped knee.

That made Juyeon to let out a smile. "We shouldn't be listening to the conversation of other people," he tells Jera.

"But we just heard it, we did not listen to it on purpose," Jera reasoned out. "Your face turned red after pretty Helena said that she likes you very much."

Juyeon could only bite his lower lip before gesturing to Jera to keep her mouth shut as he walked back to Helena and Jehwan while still carrying a giggling Jera on his arms.