thirteen

Welcome to my world, I won't ever let you be alone.

Hearing the faint footsteps that filled his ears, Juyeon was quick to open his eyes. All that he could see is darkness, clearly unaware on who is owning those footsteps. He moved ever so slow, trying not to make any sound while trying to untie his wrists from the tight grip of a rope around it.

The sudden presence of light slightly blinded Juyeon's eyes and he acted normal while trying to adjust his eyes from the blinding light.

"Good to know that you are finally awake."

Juyeon could only roll his eyes as he sees the person who's behind on taking him. He wasn't wrong, it is indeed Mr. Kim, which is Helena's father.

"Ah, why didn't you kill me? Still have a plan on playing with me?" Juyeon asks the man in a playful manner. "You could've just killed me so that we won't have to deal with anything else."

"I am not done with you yet, Lee Juyeon," Mr. Kim said with a smile. "You ruined one of my plans, remember?"

"I don't fucking remember when did I meddle with your stupid plans, old man," Juyeon spats to the elder.

"You did," Mr. Kim growled as he took a step closer to Juyeon. "Why take my wife away when I was trying to kill her? What do you call that?"

"Why kill her?" Juyeon questioned, avoiding to answer the given statement. "As far as I know, your wife and daughter are clearly out of this world that we are in."

By the mention of his daughter, Mr. Kim squinted his eyes as he deeply looked at Juyeon. "How did you even know about my daughter?" he asks the lad.

For the second time, Juyeon showed his playful smile. "Oh please, Mr. Kim," he chuckled. "I am dating your daughter for quite some time now. She is nothing like you, for real."

After saying those, Juyeon received a punch on both sides of his face. His healing cuts went open again and blood started to trickle on his cheekbones. He then let out soft chuckles, looking up at Mr. Kim once again.

"I wonder how would your face look like if I told you that I slept with her for─"

Juyeon was not able to finish when the elder man started hitting him everywhere. Despite the pain, Juyeon still managed to let out a smile, knowing that he succeeded on pissing off Mr. Kim.

"You piece of shit," Mr. Kim spats at Juyeon as he halted on hitting the younger. "You won't finally interrupt on what will I do now."

"Go on, Mr. Kim," Juyeon chortles. "Do whatever the fuck you want and I'll watch you from here."

Mr. Kim then left the room and Juyeon resumed on trying to free his hands from the rope. He arched an eyebrow and halted his movement when Mr. Kim quickly went back inside the room while dragging something with his hand.

This time, Juyeon could not even blink nor move a single muscle on his body. He could not process what he saw and what he should feel.

Mr. Kim was literally dragging his unconscious wife by her hair. He then halted in front of Juyeon, making the younger lad to face the unconscious woman.

"Will you interrupt me if I did this?" Mr. Kim asked as he pointed a knife on his wife's neck.

Despite the lump on his throat and the sight in front of him, Juyeon still made himself speak. "Don't worry about how would I feel, old man," he spoke. "Think about how would your daughter feel if ever she is seeing this right now."

Mr. Kim only shrugged his shoulders before slitting the throat of his own wife in front of Juyeon. It was such a terrible sight to see, especially for the younger lad.

Juyeon felt terrified for the second time in his whole life. It was like when he saw how his own mother was killed through the same process.

"You are a fucking monster," Juyeon mouthed out to the elder man with his eyes never leaving Mrs. Kim's face.

Before Mr. Kim could even say a word, one of his allies spoke from outside the room.

"I think we should leave now, Mr. Kim. Lee Jaehyun's men are approaching our place from a kilometer away."

Mr. Kim rested his wife's dead body and the bloodstained knife on Juyeon before leaving without any word.

Juyeon quickly tried to free himself from the ropes with tears brimming down from his eyes. He could only bite hus lower lip in order to hold back the sobs that is daring to escape from his mouth.

When he finally freed himself, he held Mrs. Kim's dead body as he hugged her. He could still feel her heartbeat, but it was too weak already.

"I'm sorry if I was not able to even fight for you," said Juyeon with a whimper following after. "I promise to give justice for your death, Mrs. Kim. Also, the assurance about Helena that I said to you, I'll make it as a promise as well."

Juyeon murmured more apologies while he could still feel Mrs. Kim's heart beating. He then let out a sigh when he heard Sunwoo's voice calling for his name from nearby.

"You don't have to worry much, Mrs. Kim. I'll take care of Helena more than what you told me," Juyeon whispered softly as he closed his eyes, resting his chin on top of Mrs. Kim's head. "Rest well, Mrs. Kim."

Running footsteps coming from Sunwoo were heard as he entered the exact room. He froze on his spot when he saw Juyeon and Mrs. Kim not moving from the corner. He then motioned for Eric to stay back from behind.

"Is something wrong?" Eric whispered to Sunwoo.

"Don't make Hyunjun and Helena to get in here," Sunwoo tells Eric before slowly walking towards the two people by the corner.

"Lee?" Sunwoo calls out to Juyeon, but he only got silence as a response. "Come on, fucking answer me," he whined after.

Meanwhile, Eric took a peek from outside the room. But after seeing the blood on the floor, he quickly looked away, only to be faced by Hyunjun and Helena.

"Where's Sunwoo?" Hyunjun asks the youngest and tried to peek inside the room, but Eric was quick to push him back.

"Stay there," Eric told the two. "No moving."

Hyunjun still attempted to peek once again and Eric did everything to hold him back. Eric was too distracted on holding Hyunjun back and did not notice that Helena already saw what is inside the room.

Sunwoo snapped his head towards Helena who had already entered the room with her eyes tearing up while looking at Juyeon and her own mother.

Still shocked at the sight in front of him, Sunwoo could not give a comfort to Helena because he is also trying to process on what really happened.

Eric finally gave up and let Hyunjun enter the room as he followed behind. Hyunjun felt his heart dropped at the sight of Juyeon and Helena's mother in front of him.

Standing in front of Helena, Hyunjun blocked the horrible sight as he hugged the girl, letting her cry against his chest while trying to hold back his own tears. With a shaky hand, he reached for his phone and called Hyunjae.

"Did you find Juyeon?"

"We did," Hyunjun responded while rubbing Helena's back for comfort.

"Why do I hear some sobbing? Is anybody hurt?" Hyunjae asked out of worry.

"Death is with us."