sixteen

The more you worry, the darker it gets.

"Jehwan, please get back here or I will freaking─"

"Use your actions then," a grumpy Jehwan tells his uncle in a teasing manner.

Sunwoo could only close his eyes, inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly before fluttering his eyelids open once again. "Jehwan, this would be the last time that I am telling you this. Get yourself back here or I will staple your lips together."

The little boy only raised an eyebrow on Sunwoo before running towards Younghoon who just came in on their resting area. Jehwan wrapped his arms around Younghoon's long legs while glaring at Sunwoo from the corner.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Younghoon asks Jehwan as he carried him in his arms. The young boy only pointed at Sunwoo, and Younghoon already knew what's up.

"I am only asking him nicely to come here since I will be taking them home in a while," Sunwoo tells Younghoon, almost sounding like a groan. "Spoiled little piece of─"

Hyunjun, who is seated on one of the couch, grabbed a pillow and threw it on Sunwoo's face before the latter could even finish his own sentence. "Kids are not supposed to say nor hear things like that," stated Hyunjun with his eyes fixated on the screen of his laptop.

A moment after, Juyeon came in with a sleeping Jera on his arms. He gently handed the sleeping girl to Sunwoo, careful not to wake her up.

"I'll give you a ride," Juyeon tells Sunwoo as he picked up the pillow that was thrown on the latter by Hyunjun earlier. "I need to do something after and I want you to accompany me," he added.

"Are you finally slashing later?" whispered Sunwoo while covering Jera's ear near his lips.

Juyeon only shrugged his shoulders as he placed the pillow back on the space beside Hyunjun on the couch. Just then, Hyunjun handed two paper bags on Juyeon.

"Just a little gift for the twins," said Hyunjun with his sharp eyes locked on Juyeon's own. "Give me a call later if you two need some help on whatever business you'll deal with."

Juyeon smiled a little as he took the paper bags in his hand. "Sure thing," he said before shifting his gaze on Jehwan who is still hugging Younghoon's legs. "Come on now, little grumpy boy," he called out to Jehwan.

Younghoon then urged Jehwan to go before bidding his goodbye to the small boy. Jehwan gave Hyunjun and Younghoon a hug before taking his little steps on following Juyeon and his uncle Sunwoo outside.

"I hope to get a week break from babysitting these kids," Sunwoo breathed out after closing the car door on the backseat. He made sure that the twins' seatbelts were secured enough before throwing himself on the front seat. "I don't get paid on babysitting these two," he added.

"And it is not even your own will to babysit them," Juyeon spoke, adding more frustration on the younger boy.

"Exactly!" Sunwoo whisper-yelled. "How could they do this to a Kim Sunwoo?"

"Stupid," Juyeon mouthed out before placing the two paper bags on Sunwoo's lap which was given by Hyunjun earlier.

"My sister and his husband are the stupid ones for making a baby─no, two freaking babies. They don't even have time for each other, how much more on their children?" Sunwoo ranted, but kept his voice low in order not to wake up the twins on the backseat.

Juyeon could only shake his head and finally started the engine of his car. "A married life isn't that easy as what we think or see," he said with a hand on the steering wheel as he began driving.

"Investment and a stable job is very much needed," said Sunwoo with his eyes locked outside the car window.

"Ah, can I mention about something?" Juyeon asks the latter out of the blue.

Sunwoo then looked at Juyeon who had his eyes focused on the road, waiting for the elder to speak.

"How's the girl that you are dating? I noticed that you never talked about her for a month already," Juyeon lowly spoke as he stepped on the brakes when the traffic light turned red. He then landed his gaze on Sunwoo, seeing a bitter smile plastered on the younger's lips.

"She's gone," Sunwoo quietly stated while fiddling his fingers. "It breaks me seeing how she suffered from her illness and keeps saying that she's tired already."

"I'm sorry to hear that," said Juyeon as he gave a pat on Sunwoo's shoulder. "For sure, she wants you to be happy even without her presence. You can overcome it because you are Kim Sunwoo."

"Heck, yeah," Sunwoo chuckled as he sniffled for the last time.

Juyeon gave a smile to the latter and began speeding up once again when the traffic light turned green. It did not take long when they finally reached their destination. After pulling over on the roadside, Juyeon turned off the ignition of the car and was about to open the car door when a sudden gunshot interrupted him.

"What the fuck," Sunwoo muttered under his breath and looked outside from the car window. He could tell that the gunshot came from inside his older sister's home.

"Drive the car and take the twins away," Juyeon ordered as he loaded his gun that is hidden under the driver's seat.

"I can't just take the kids away knowing that their parents are in danger too," Sunwoo said out of frustration, but still proceeded to check the twins by the backseat.

Pushing his lips on a thin line, Juyeon grabbed his phone and called a certain someone that could help them end the unknown mess that is happening right now.

"What's up? Need some help on something?"

"Changmin, drop by Sunwoo's address as soon as possible. We'll eliminate some people," Juyeon tells his long time friend on the other line, Ji Changmin.

"Alright. Let's kill some time by killing people, shall we?"