three

I rewind thousands of times and it didn't feel like drama.

"Why did I even take this car?" Juyeon huffed as he pulled over in front of their lair.

He turned off the engine, took his bags, and got out of the car. He was greeted by a wide-eyed Sunwoo standing by the door.

"Isn't that a Lamborghini Aventador?" Sunwoo mouthed out with his eyes still glued on the car that is parked in front of him. "Is that from your father?" he asked before walking past Juyeon.

"How many times do I have to say that he isn't my father?" asked Juyeon out of annoyance. "Don't do such things on that car because I would still return that to the man," he told the younger boy before getting inside the building.

Sunwoo heard what the latter said, but still went inside the car anyway. He inspected the outside part of the car first before getting into the driver's seat.

"Damn, would you look at this!" exclaimed Sunwoo before proceeding to touch the steering wheel. "I've never expected myself to touch this expensive shit at all," he said in awe.

Transferring onto the back seat, Sunwoo decided to inspect more. His eyes found something suspicious hidden in between the back seat.

"What is─ a fucking black card?!"

Sunwoo immediately covered his mouth after realizing that he said it out loud. With his hand still on his mouth, he scanned the black card silently.

"This is real," Sunwoo mouthed out before running out of car. He headed inside the building with the card on his hand as he tried to find Juyeon.

The younger boy found him inside a room, unpacking his bags. He quickly went up to Juyeon, making the latter confused.

"What? Do you need anything?" Juyeon questions the boy, unpacking once again.

Sunwoo presented the black card in front of Juyeon, making the latter to look at it before his eyes met Sunwoo's own.

"Where did you get that?" he asked.

"I found it from the car's back seat," Sunwoo responded. "I'm pretty sure that this belongs to you."

"That's not mine."

Sunwoo's eyes widened. "This isn't yours?" he asked once again. "Then, your father owns this?"

Juyeon did not open his mouth. He knew that the man would not let him leave that mansion with only a car with him.

Sunwoo handed the black card to Juyeon with a small smile. "He might want you to keep it," he told the elder. "That man really cares for you and it's so obvious."

Biting his lower lip, Juyeon did not bother to speak. He just took the black card from Sunwoo's hand and kept it inside his wallet.

"You might want to treat me a meal," said Sunwoo while wiggling his eyebrows. "Anyways, what happened with your deal with the other group the day before yesterday?"

"It was a trap," Juyeon breathed out. "They took the drugs from me."

"What?!" Sunwoo screamed out of surprise. "And you just let them?! Are you insane?!"

"Because one of them almost killed a woman!" Juyeon screamed back. "I can't just let that innocent woman die! I even took her to the hospital because they freaking hit her head with a baseball bat!"

Sunwoo raised his hand up in defense, trying to calm Juyeon down. "Chill down, brother. I was just confused on why did you let them run away with the drugs. That was a little expensive, ya know."

"I'm gonna pay for it, don't worry," Juyeon reassures the younger boy.

"So, how's that woman doing?"

"I don't know," Juyeon shrugged. "Maybe I should try to visit her now."

"Go get it, brother."

Standing outside the exact hospital room, Juyeon decided to go inside. He saw the woman that he saved two days ago, deep asleep on the hospital bed. He quietly took his steps, but the woman still woke up.

"Ma'am," Juyeon greeted with a bow. "How are you feeling?" he asked as he sat at the edge of the bed.

"My head still hurts, but I am doing fine," the woman replied with a smile, but she frowned after.

"Is there anything that you need help with?" asked Juyeon after noticing the woman frowning.

"Those men are really after me," she confessed. "You know how my daughter looks like, right?"

"Actually, I already met her," Juyeon also confessed. "She saved me last night from a pair of men.'

"Is she okay?" the woman asked out of worry.

Juyeon only shrugged his shoulders as he do not know what to answer.

"They are after my daughter too," the woman told Juyeon. "They wanted to kill my daughter as a payback for what my husband did to their group."

"Then I'll get you out of here─"

"No," the woman cut him off. "I'll stay here."

"If that's what you want, okay then," Juyeon shrugged. "I won't be in your way, Mrs. Kim."

The woman's eyes widened in shock that the young man knew her. Meanwhile, Juyeon only let out a playful smile.

"Mrs. Kim, you see, your husband betrayed our group," Juyeon said before frowning. "He took a big amount of money from us and he is fucking wrong to do such thing to our group."

The woman couldn't find the right words to say. She got more tongue-tied when she saw Juyeon taking out a dagger that was hidden on the waist of his leather pants.

"Do you see this, Mrs. Kim?" asked Juyeon while making the blade of his dagger reflect onto the dim light of the room. "I have slashed this dagger on people's throats for I don't know how many times. Being the slasher of our group is quite fun," he said as he brought the edge of the dagger's blade in between his teeth.

"If you want to kill me, then do it," the woman told Juyeon despite her fear. "But please, don't harm my daughter. I beg you."

Juyeon brought back the dagger on his grip and looked deeper on the woman's orbs. "I can't promise you that, Mrs. Kim," he chuckled. "Your daughter is quite a beauty, you know?"