twenty two

Now close you eyes and try to forget effortlessly.

"Can you tell me where are we exactly going?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I would."

"You never said such thing as 'surprise'," Helena hissed with her arms crossed against her chest. "You clearly just told me to dress up because you are taking me somewhere."

Juyeon only drove silently. His eyes were focused on the road ahead of them. The silence during the drive isn't awkward at all, but the deafening silence is just too much.

The pounding of Juyeon's heart is getting harder each and every second. There is some sort of feeling inside him that he could not even put into words.

The gentleman finally pulled over on the roadside with a sigh. Helena noticed how Juyeon acted since the drive started, and it is very unusual of him.

"Is everything okay?" she asks him.

Juyeon quickly shook his head without even thinking twice. He knew to himself that he isn't fine at all.

"You can tell me if you want to."

"I can't even figure it out," spoke Juyeon as he got out of the car and opened the car door by the shotgun. "Don't worry too much."

Helena gave a look on Juyeon, but the latter only returned it with a small smile and led the way under the big tree near the edge of the cliff.

"This is where I always stay whenever I need to unwind," Juyeon began. "This place is just so peaceful for me."

"It really is," Helena agrees. "So, what do we do here?" she questioned before sitting on the grass.

"Let's just sit in silence."

With that, Juyeon closed his eyes, legs crossed and leaning back with his hands on the grass for support. Helena could only stare at the man beside her, admiring such beauty.

"I wish living would be as peaceful as this."

The way Juyeon said those words sounded like he is tired of everything. His voice was low and very deep, almost inaudible.

"Life is cruel," said Helena, gaze still fixed on Juyeon.

The latter let out a small smile with his eyes still closed. He then hummed, agreeing on what Helena have said. "Life was never easy. It just depends on whether you go on or just halt right there." Juyeon finally opened his eyes with a soft chuckle escaping from his lips.

"What now?" Helena laughs. "You are so random, you know that?"

"You can't blame me for that."

"Why would I?"

"Just because."

"Shut up, Juyeon."

"Make me."

With that, Helena covered Juyeon's mouth with her left hand. The man rolled his eyes in annoyance, failed on his expectation for her to kiss him.

"You said for us to sit silently here, yet you were the one who started the noise," Helena tells the man as she retracted her hand from his mouth. "In that case, I'll have to ask you some questions for clarifications."

Juyeon nodded his head, waiting for Helena to ask him the questions. In all honesty, he was curious on what questions would be asked to him.

"On that day," Helena began. "Did you just wait for me to get out of the university because you have mom or you only wanted to ask me out?"

A quick silence passed by before Juyeon responded. "None of the ones you mentioned were the reason," he spoke lowly. "Your mom actually asked me to look out for you on the night that I saved her. I kinda played with her mind before that because she thought that I was after her and you for the wrong doings of that father of yours."

"She actually asked you to look out for me?" Helena mouthed out in disbelief.

Juyeon hummed. "The only thing that I thought is to ask you out because I can't be with you most of the time."

"And why tell me that you'll spare mom's life if I date you?" Helena asked with gritted teeth, eyes glaring on Juyeon.

Raising an eyebrow on Helena, the corner of Juyeon's lips twitched. "Babe, you are smart as fuck, but why can't you get it this time?" he huffed. "Of course I'd use your mom for you to easily agree to go out on a date with me."

"So, you don't really find me attractive before?"

"You are attractive," Juyeon clarifies. "But, I just don't like you at that time."

Helena crossed her arms against her chest with a sharp gaze piercing on Juyeon's own. "That's so honest of you, Lee Juyeon."

Scoffing at her statement, Juyeon returned the same gaze that Helena is giving him. "Did I complain when you assumed the twins were my kids on the second time that we met? Do I look like a freaking father to you?"

"Yeah," Helena smiled. "The father of our future kids."

Juyeon then turned around, mumbling profanities under his breath with a flustered face. "Don't fucking test me, Helena. You don't know what I am capable of."

"Do it, Lee," Helena teases him from behind. "Actions speak louder than words can."

"Don't blame me if you can't walk tomorrow, babe."

"Why? You gonna cut my legs or what?"

"I'll fuck you in the goddamn car."