nineteen

There's nothing like this night that passes by tomorrow.

Juyeon could not even think straight at the moment. He would do everything just to save the man that raised him. Now, he is driving his way to pick up Helena on her house.

'I shouldn't regret doing this,' Juyeon thought to himself.

After a few minutes of driving, Juyeon finally reached the front gate of Helena's home. Rolling down the car window by the driver's seat, Juyeon looked outside and saw the lights on by the window of Helena's room. He began honking his car horn until he saw Helena's silhouette peeking behind the curtain.

Helena mouthed out on why is Juyeon there, and the young man mouthed out for her to get changed and come outside after. Juyeon only waited for a few moment and Helena was out, jogging towards him after locking her front door.

"What's with the sudden drive here?" the young lady asked, in which Juyeon only returned with a motion for her to occupy the empty seat by the shotgun. Helena creased an eyebrow, but still obliged anyway.

Juyeon began driving again and the ride is completely deafening in silence. Helena decided not to speak another word since she could see how serious Juyeon's face looks right now. She knew something wrong is happening.

The longer the ride, the more Helena gets familiar on the road that they are taking. Still, she decided to stay quiet despite her heart pounding hard against her chest.

"Do you trust me?"

Helena was startled at how deep and serious Juyeon's voice sounded. She shifted uncomfortably to her seat before she laid her eyes on the latter. "Why are you suddenly asking me that?"

"Just answer the damn question."

Biting the inside of her cheeks, Helena let out a sigh after. "I do trust you, Juyeon. You don't have to question my trust on you because you'll always have it."

Juyeon did not speak after that and he feels sorry, knowing that he'll break Helena's trust on him by any moment now.

"Juyeon, I definitely know the road that we are taking right now," Helena spoke as she try her best not to stutter. "What are you trying to do?"

Still, Juyeon did not utter a single word. His eyes were only focused on the road ahead, not even bothering to blink. Helena got more frustrated than ever as Juyeon continues to ignore her.

The car ride finally came to a halt, and Helena was right. It was the place where his father's lair laid. Juyeon quietly got out of the car and proceeded to open the car door beside Helena.

"Juyeon, can you please tell me a single thing on why we are here?" asked Helena as she stepped out of the car.

"I'm sorry," was all Juyeon could ever say. He could not even look at her eyes even though he could drown himself in those pair of brown orbs.

A man came out from the building and motioned for Juyeon to follow. With a heavy sigh, Juyeon held Helena's hand as they headed inside the building.

"Is this why you are asking if I trust you?" Helena whispered as they walked through the hallways and took plenty of staircases.

"Your father wants to see you," Juyeon responded, a little bit far from what Helena is expecting for him to say.

"He would only hurt me if I am with him─especially that mom's not here anymore," Helena tells the latter, almost pleading for Juyeon to take her away from that place.

Juyeon felt his heart dropped, but his face wasn't even showing any emotions. He stayed like that until he is finally facing Mr. Kim.

"You really did brought my daughter with you. I am impressed," Mr. Kim chuckled out of amusement.

"I won't last long," Juyeon spoke coldly. "Let the man go and I'll give you your daughter."

Confused at what is happening, Helena furrowed her eyebrows. "What is this all about?" she asks.

"Oh," his father mouthed out. "Your boyfriend did not even bother to tell you? What a shame."

"Aren't you tired of your own bullshits, father? When will you stop messing with the lives of other people?"

"Shut up, young lady," Mr. Kim hissed and did not hesitate to aim a gun on her daughter's head. "You are just like your mother."

Juyeon clicked his tongue and also aimed his gun on Mr. Kim's head. "Put down your fucking gun, old man. We have a clear transaction here, so don't ditch for the second time."

An exchange of gunshots erupted from the lower ground of the building, startling the people around.

"Ah, you brought other men here," Mr. Kim chuckled with his gum still aimed on Helena's head.

"The fuck? I only came with Helena," Juyeon huffed.

"Then who did that?"

"I don't know," Juyeon shrugged. "Are you scared that your one and only man who's with you got shot?"

"Shut up, kid."

Just then, someone appeared behind Mr. Kim without him noticing. With just one hard hit of shotgun at the back of his head, Mr. Kim dropped on the ground unconsciously.

"Thank you, Hyunjun," Helena whispered as he let go of Juyeon's hand to hug Hyunjun.

Juyeon only shook his head and proceeded to do his purpose. He found his father inside a dark room, all tied up in a chair.

"I'm sorry if it took me long," he apologizes while untying the man. "I was having trouble."

"Was he your girlfriend's father? Why is he doing this?" the man asked after he was freed.

"Obviously, he is out of his mind."

Meanwhile, Helena and Hyunjun only looked at the unconscious man lying on the floor.

"I really despise him," Helena said. "I can't even describe what kind of person he is."

"Why not kill him?" Hyunjun mouthed out, but it was only meant as a joke.

Helena's eyes shifted on the shotgun that Hyunjun is holding. The lad noticed it and he immediately hid the gun behind him.

"Babe, I was just kidding. Back off, seriously," Hyunjun chuckled.

"Let me have it," Helena tells Hyunjun.

"This is a heavy shit and you don't even know how to hold this."

"Let me."

"No."

"Hyunjun."

"No, back off."

"Then, guide me in how to use it."

"You are not using this to kill anybody, Helena."

"Just at least guide me so that I can shoot his legs!"

Hyunjun muttered profanities under his breath, but still obliged anyway. He guided the female on how to aim and shoot the gun in place.

Helena did it. She shot both of her father's lower leg and it satisfied her. Well, Juyeon also saw it, and he is proud of it.