Lips of an Angel

“You were with that man again! I told you to cut your connections with him and stay with Hyegun! What will you do if I tell your dad about it huh?!”, A woman in her forties screamed at the young man in front of her who unlike her, stays still in his place.

“And why do you care who I date with huh? I dated Hyegun because you threatened me! You know how much I don’t want to disappoint dad and how much you know how I’ve been living this goddamn life! All I wanted was this and you took it away from me for your own good!”, the young man shouts back but this time, his composure changed. He looked mad and afraid at the same time.

“I don’t like him and he’ll never be yours! What do you think other people will say? That my son dates a low-class gay?!-”

“PLEASE ENOUGH!! I let you ruin my life once!! I will never let him go now! Never!”

~ 3 Years Ago ~

“Vice President, the files for job applications are here. There are 12 in total hoping to be your new secretary sir.”, Park Jimin looked at Mr. Choi briefly and then looked back at his laptop.

“Please leave them here. I’ll check them all later then call you once I picked who to interview.”, the man replied and bowed politely before leaving the files and the room.

Park Jimin is the Vice President of the Park Real Estates. He is the first born son of the Parks and was given the responsibility to take over the company sooner or later. He is also the youngest and richest eligible bachelor in his generation and people are just swooning over him.

He is a very fine young man, gorgeous and handsome, smart and talented. He is like the perfect man every girl’s dream of – he is epitome of perfection. Because of this, people say that he has the perfect life, but not to him.

His so-called mother is the most sophisticatedly fake ever. His legitimate mother died long before due to health problems and this new lady was his step-mother, who obviously (for him) stays for the money of his oh-so-great father. She always smiles in front of other powerful and rich ladies in the industry but tells disgusting rumors and information behind their backs. If it wasn’t just for her step-sister, she would’ve been in the streets rummaging for foods now.

Jimin also has one younger brother, older than his step-sister, and still studies. He actually envy him for having such chill life like a normal person. Jimin didn’t have any of those “chill moments” in his life. He’s always so stiff, so proper, so smart, so perfect. In his heart, he just wants to finally feel free and just do what he wants – a normal life, even just for a day.

However, right now he still has a job to do. He closed his laptop after studying the deal with Kim Travelling Co. and opened the file Mr. Choi left a while ago.

“Mm hm let’s see.”, He looked at the information about their educational background, job experiences and how they did the overall application form. He doesn’t really look at the names and the photos because he wants to have the best skills above them all, not because of their looks which is what most of the people in business industry do nowadays.

He took in three files while the remaining nine were neatly separated to the corner of his table. He called in Mr. Choi and handed him the three files he chose. The older replied and bowed politely before taking the two files – the one he accepted and the one he didn’t. Although they didn’t make it, he had to inform those applicants with their decision so he needed to take the latter file.

After a long day at work, Jimin decided to finish working and just continue it tomorrow. He organized his table, packed his things properly and took his coat before leaving his office. He arrived shortly at the private parking lot of their building and opened his Mercedes AMG GT-63 car. It was a gift from her late mother ten years ago for his 16th birthday. He treasures it so much and every time he drives it, he feels like he’s with his mom – just like before.

He arrived at his house, a big beautiful mansion. It looked so good with while golds and other shiny sparkling things. It felt so alive at its first look but it doesn’t feel like home. Not since his step-mother changed their “home”.

He walked in to his room, threw his body on the soft mattress. He washed himself and changed into his pajamas before getting a can of beer in his refrigerator inside his room. He preferred drinking it than wine because of special reason. He sat on the carpeted floor, in front of his T.V. where his old videos were playing. He felt nostalgic, he felt happy yet sad. He felt… lost. His evening passed by like that, just watching his old self while drinking a beer… and his morning came suddenly.

He washed up, dressed up and went down to rake breakfast with everyone else. Unlike in a normal family where everyone will talk to each other during meals, their meals were always so quiet, so nerve-wrecking sometimes for Jimin. He sat on his designated seat, took his foods, finished it and excused himself. That’s just how they eat with each other, literally just eat with each other.

Park Jimin, who had been in the life for years, didn’t mind it almost anymore. He just continued his usual routine and just do his best. He entered his building, receiving all the bows his employees can give and arrived at his office. Mr. Choi arrived shortly after he finished setting up.

“Vice President Park, the interviewees are outside. We will proceed with the interview in less than five minutes and we would like you to be there.”, Mr. Choi politely said.

“Sure I’ll go there, you can start without me I just have something to finish first.”, Mr. Choi bowed and left the room while Jimin took thirteen minutes to finish what he couldn’t finish yesterday. He took his coat and left his office to watch the interview.

Just as he entered the room, he was met with a heavy feeling, obviously coming from the nervousness of the three people being questioned. Jimin quietly stays at the back, not letting the interviewees see him. He stayed there listening to their answers and two people actually caught his attention. The two who sits on both ends – a girl and a boy.

He was fascinated with their witty answers, obviously well-educated and well-mannered. The other one was good too but he was eaten alive by his obvious nervousness. The interview carried on and they finally have to choose one. The managers dismissed them and the interviewees sighed in relief. When they were going out, two of them continued their way not minding Jimin who was standing near the door. However, one man, the man who got his attention looks at him, smiled and bowed politely before going out. He was really fascinated and immediately told the managers to pick that man.

He got back to his office, continued doing his humdrum job and life. Whenever his mind goes off to somewhere, he always prays to give his life a turn and be alive again. Little didn’t he know, the moment he gave his decision a while ago will change his monotonous life.

After three days, the man went to his office in a semi-formal suit and introduced himself to his new boss.

“Good day Vice President Park, my name is Jeon Jungkook and I’ll be your new secretary.”, the man shortly said. Jimin looked at him and checked him out before nodding at him.

“Good day too Mr. Jeon. I’m hoping to have a smooth work with you. You have this day to learn everything you need to learn and adjust yourself to your new environment because tomorrow will be the start of your busy life.”, Jimin casually said, looking straight to Jungkook’s eyes. The young man just nods his head at what his boss said and replied with a polite reply. Jimin dismissed him and the younger bowed before leaving the room.

Everything was normal, Jungkook is new but he’s been doing well as his secretary. Jimin though didn’t know that one moment, his life will finally take a turn.

“Jungkook-ssi, I have a party to attend to Thursday next week so make sure I am free that afternoon to night. Same goes to your schedule.” Jimin said not looking at his secretary but to his laptop. Jungkook was lost though, he doesn’t know why he had to clear up his schedule too.

“May I ask sir why I have to clear my schedule?”, Jungkook politely asked. Jimin looked at Jungkook this time and replied simply, “You’ll be attending the party as well.”. Jungkook just lets out an understanding nod and bowed before leaving the office.

The afternoon of the day of the party, Jungkook arrived at his workplace in a nice suit. Professional looking yet simply classy. His physique was emphasized by it and everything looks good. He’s just waiting for his boss to arrive and get in the car with him. After a few minutes, a man wearing blue suit with white shirt inside. His hair parted showing off his new ash blonde hair color which suits him perfectly. Jungkook who was patiently waiting for his boss, looked so stunned at how grand Jimin’s entrance was. He knew his boss was ethereal and just perfect but he didn’t know he still has to level up his game. For the first time, Jungkook’s heart stopped a bit and functioned once again when Jimin looked at him – at his eyes, as always.

“Vice President Park, everything is prepared now and we can leave in a few minutes.”, Jungkook said not breaking their eye contact. Jimin was the first one to avert his gaze and look at his phone. He nodded at Jungkook and walked in his office to get something. That’s when Jungkook realized that he stopped breathing.

The ride to the venue was smooth and quiet. Just some question and answer moments but overall quiet. Jimin was busy playing with his phone while Jungkook was busy looking at Jimin and memorizing his physique. He has this aura around him that is intimidating, sexy and soft. He oozes with confidence and authority but softness as well. Jungkook’s thoughts were cut short when their chauffer tells them they’re arriving. Jungkook fixed his things and looked at Jimin as he prepared to look… well, presentable.

The party was unsurprisingly boring, just smooth music, people talking about their businesses and personal lives no one really cares about. Jimin thought he was gonna die from suffocation so he walked out of the venue heading toward the balcony. He saw a familiar silhouette and decided to enter. He really doesn’t know why his secretary would go somewhere else when he really was there to be with him. Though he kind of understand that he went off due to the boringness of the party they attended.

Jungkook doesn’t seem to notice that Jimin walked in until Jimin spoke.