It's You

The newspapers were scattered in the streets but almost no one seems to care. Some people were walking around like a zombie – walking with no thoughts, or walking full of thoughts and their bodies just works on its own, some were actually crying in different corners of the street while some were hysterically shouting. In midst of the chaos, there's an old couple walking hand-in-hand, not minding anything but themselves.

The couple passed by destroyed houses and buildings, people with no hope and soldiers running around. They silently walked towards an old bench in the park, sitting there comfortably, laying the other's head on the other's shoulder. Their whole surrounding was a chaos – people panicking, destroyed buildings, soldiers running around, and the sound of gunfire in the distance – but they were calm.

"I can't believe we've spent forty-one years of our lives together Jungkook-ah. We've been sitting on this bench for a long time and we've seen how it changed.", said the man whose head was lying on the other's shoulder. Jungkook then chuckled and held the man's hands.

"It's been thirty-eight years since we've become a couple, and thirty years since we've become husbands, Jimin. And you know that I never regret any of it. I'm happy I've spent it all those years with you.", Jimin sighed and slowly picked the newspaper near the bench.

"December 31, 2053, 'The End of the World'", Jimin slowly read. Jungkook carefully guided Jimin's head back on his shoulder while the latter continued to read what it says. "The White House in United States of America finally reports to throw back multiple nuclear bombs all over Korea in response to North Korea's actions.", the two closed their eyes, hearts beating so fast, minds going insane. "So, they will bomb us too?", Jimin answered by nodding. "The bombs are expected to reach here at 22:00 tomorrow, Jungkook-ah.", Jimin folded the newspaper and shifted his body to Jungkook.

"It's really the end. I don't know why they decided to just end us all up. It's heart-breaking to see people all around the world die as each day passed by. And now, it's our turn sweetheart. I just hoped that it will stop before it affects us but, it seems that their minds have made up.", Jungkook calmly said as he caresses Jimin's arms.

"I just can't believe that we thought at this year, technology will be so advanced. But here we are – buildings are crushed, some people are surviving while some are already dead. Everywhere is a chaos, everywhere is terrifying.", Jimin said. "But at least I'm home... because I'm with you Jungkook-ah.", Jungkook smiled and kissed Jimin's temple. "And at least we have a day to cherish each other more.", Jungkook replied.

The couple sat there until the night has fallen. They went back home, carrying some food they got from broken and left open grocery store. Jimin prepared their dinner as usual while Jungkook cleaned the mess laying around their small house. It took them an hour to eat and talk about everything.

"I wonder how the hyungs are, we know Namjoon hyung and his family were in New York while the rest were here in Korea. I can't help but worry about them. Not just them but our own family too Min. We've lost our communication four months ago and we have no news aside from the newspaper the government gives us.", Jungkook finished his meal and set his plate aside. He took two bottled water and sat back to his seat in front of Jimin.

"I know... It's so hard and so scary that we know nothing but all we can do is hope and pray. We're on ourselves Kook and it's breaking my heart to know we'll die without them by our side.", Jimin sadly chewed his last food before turning the plates in the dishwasher. Jungkook walked behind Jimin and wrapped his arms around the elder's waist, dropping his head on his shoulder.