You Never Walk Alone

I am someone you will never approach. Why? Because I am an outcast, a poor orphan boy. I've been bullied for quite some times now so I am kinda used to it.

When I am walking in our school's corridor, they will just pop out of nowhere and pest the hell outta me.

"Oh hello there poor boy, how sad you always walk alone. I mean, it's fine because we want it that way!", the queen of pest said, Jymgle.

Jymgle Vernardo, 18 years old, a complete biatch. She always makes fun of me but in my eyes, she's just as funny as a clown trying to prove everyone she's the best when she really is not.

Even when I am on my seat, she'll find her way to pest me around.

I touched my head where a ball of paper hit. I looked at where it came from and saw Jymgle and her clown friends laughing out loud. Lol they look literally like monkeys. I shifted my gaze and looked back at the notes I was reading.

But my not so wonderful life doesn't end there. As you can see, I am an orphan and I live in a very very bad orphanage. Our guardians treat us poorly and I think it caused the other children to adapt it. But I, I stayed as who I am when I entered this orphanage when I was 5. Well, maybe I got a little attitude? Hmm, I used to wander in different places and I used to sleep on the road with my scrabby blanket. Then a woman, Ms Kang, found me and guided me here. Though they have bad behaviour to us, I am still thankful because they gave me food, clothes, shelter and education.

Now, I am walking in this dark street I usually walked on when I want to have some alone time. Well, aside from actually being alone, having those jerks around me is really tiring, sometimes I just want them to be gone.

I put my hands on my pocket and hang down my head. I hummed as I walk slowly, I am enjoying the moment but something interrupted me. A weak sound of footsteps are heard by my strong sense of hearing but when I looked around, I see no one. Huh, maybe it's just my imagination? But sometimes I hear and I feel like someone's following me, however I can't see that person or that thing. I just sighed and continued my way back home.

The next morning

I am currently walking in our corridor and about to enter our room. I gently turn the knob and entered-

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

The sound of their laugh echoes in my head. I looked at my right and saw Jymgle holding a bucket that was filled with water which has now on me and on the floor. I was about to move when Verna threw flour on me. Soon later Charisse threw eggs on me and now, I am full of sticky flour and eggs. I clenched my fist when I heard them laugh and call me names. I am so mad, so so mad but I can't fight back. I have to finish high school with good remarks or I can't leave the orphanage. I ran away from the classroom and from the shame I am facing. I didn't care if I've bumped with so many students, I just want to get out of here.

Crying while running has been a habit of mine since they started bullying me. I know I should stand up and fight but I can't, I'm scared.

Without looking at where I am going, I didn't realize that I even went out of school. I stopped and looked around while I held on my knees to support myself from falling down. I am catching my breath and I needed fresh air. I decided to go to my usual spot and looked at the breath-taking scenery. I am in a high place looking at the city below me. It looks so good, the air feels good, everything is so good here. It always takes the pain, stress and any negative vibe away.

It's been years since I had what they call freedom, it's been years since I was genuinely happy even if I have no one. I just... I just want to be free too. I am always alone... always alone. I sighed and sat on the ground. I let the fresh cool air engulf my body.