Lost

I'm walking slowly, savoring a very subtle soft, sweet, musky and floral scent from the beautiful scenery of this flowery field I love, we both love during the best time of the year, spring. I have a bouquet of flowers in my arms, carrying it like a prince ready to give it to the love of his life. This year is a very special year to me, actually, today is a very special day to me, to us.

After a few more walk, I finally saw the love of my life. People often disagree with the type of love we have but love is stronger than anything else. Love conquers all and we conquered it all. I smiled at him, my boyfriend, and waved my hand.

"Hi babe! Missed me?", I chuckled a bit and sat down beside him. I cleaned his place and put the bouquet on top.

I looked at the beautiful face of the man I love. I can see his milky white skin, brown hair and brown hazelnut eyes, his point noise, and his kissable pink plump lips I've always loved where his crooked tooth always hides. People say he's perfect. People say he's not from Earth. I mean, I can't say othereise because he really is beyond anything or anyone I've ever known. Right now, I'd love to reminisce those times we've had.

"Hey Minie! Do you remember the first time we met? It was in our university school back in 3rd year. We accidentally bumped each other in the library. I mean, what a cliché story right?", I laughed as I remember how we both looked surprised and careless.

"You were holding your books, you looked like a nerd having those accounting books in front of your chest and the sticky notes on the cover page." I looked at his face, where his smile was obviously seen.

"I helped you compose yourself because the bump was kinda strong and you were so tiny. And then I stared at you and realized how cute you were.", I looked down, slightly brushing the grass underneath me as I remember how gorgeous he was when we met.

"I got speechless, you left me and then everything never became normal. I always looked at you from afar, I always saw you laughing with your friends and I always saw how hard you study. That went for a year Minie. I didn't have the courage to approach you, but my friends had! They were so annoying, the way they tease me when I look at you, or when I always tried find you, or when I wanted to approach you but ended up not going. So you know, that day, when they approached you and your friends and threw me at you. It was embarrassing but I'm always thankful they did that."

If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have talked with him, I wouldn't have be close with him, I wouldn't have him love me the way I do to him.

"We became a couple soon after. I thought it would be just full of fun and rainbows but the people's criticism held us back so bad. The way they dissed me or you, the way they dissed our relationship and when they hurt you. I could never forget those times.", I furrowed my eyebrows, showing my love how frustrating it was. And I know he was frustrated too.

"But thanks to you, thanks to how kind you were, thanks to how understanding and supportive you were, we made it through. Even when we fought with our family, we made it through.", I laid down, relaxing my body from the tenseful story and memory I had to remember.

"Our relationship was awesome, you were awesome babe. But everything changed when we got our own life and career. The time we had became lesser. The sweet and fun days turned into tiresome and bitter.", I slowly raised my hand, trying to reach the clear blue sky, hiding my face behind the shadow of my hand from the sunlight that's hitting everything in its surrounding.

"And then that day came. It was our fourth anniversary, we had plans but you cancelled it because you had work. I know I agreed to it but you know me, I wanted to surprise you.", I sat down properly and faced him. I looked at his face, his cute and tender face.

"It was around 9 in the evening when you left work, I told you to meet me here over the phone. You said you doesn't want to. You said you were tired. You said you wanted to rest. But as usual, I pushed what I wanted, we even got a little fight but you agreed anyway. I badly want to celebrate it, even in late night.", I touched his face, and a water dropped on it.

"I went inside the tent I built. The blue and yellow lights around the tent were up, the picnic mat, the foods and drinks were all prepared. I even brought my bluetooth speaker and played a soft sound, enough to have a romantic vibe. I waited inside, I waited for minutes, for hours but you still weren't in sight. Still, I thought maybe you got caught in a traffic jam, or you couldn't find a car going here, so I still waited. I waited... waited until I fell asleep.", I sighed loudly, feeling a soft water dropped on my shoulder.

"I woke up, feeling the cold breeze of morning air. I looked around me but you still weren't there. I was sad and mad Minie, I really was. I wanted to celebrate it with you but you didn't come. And then suddenly, I noticed that everything seems so quiet. I checked my phone and saw that it was empty battery which explains why. Last night, I had sounds everywhere and then in the morning, nothing.", I bitterly smiled, looking at his seemingly fresh eyes.

"But you know, I had this feeling. It was so terrifying and so uncomfortable. I wanted to disregard it but the feeling was so strong that it made me lose my mind. So, I left everything there and went home. You know that I live alone right? As soon as I got there, I recharged my phone and took a bath but the feeling became worse.", I looked down and touched my chest where my heart lies. It was where I had that so terrifying feeling I could never forget.

"Right after I changed my clothes, I went out and directly went to your house. And then... I saw your brother...", I looked back.. wanting to hide my teary eyes and trembling body.

"He was crying Minie... he was crying... and that's when I realized that something was really wrong...", I started sobbing even before I knew it. The feeling was so strong that even my eyes couldn't stop the tears from falling. And it was right at the moment the rain began pouring normally but coldly.

"I-I went inside your house... a-and.. and saw.. no one... b-but your brother... he told me.. h-he told me something I could never... never ever forget.", I hid my face behind on my palms, sobbing so hard and loud that even the raindrop's sound couldn't hide.

"H-he said that you w-were on your way there.. but when you walked in a.. narrow d-dark alley... someone tried to rob you but you ran... and you gladly outrun him... b-but... but before everyone knew it... when you got out of the a-alley.. and ran towards the m-main street...", I looked at his face again. His face that I treasured the most. His face that can ease the pain I'm feeling just by looking at it. His face that I can only see now on his photograph... in front of this beautiful tomb... like how beautiful he was...

"I'm so sorry Minie... if it weren't because of me.. if I wasn't so hard-headed.. if I just let you rest because you were so tired from working.. if I just let you go... I would've have you right now.. if I just let you go... I wouldn't have to let you go forever...", I hugged his picture frame that was soaked in rain. I hugged his tomb that was covered in mud. I hugged him so hard. I cried so hard because the pain wouldn't just go away.

"Now I am so lost Minie.. I am so lost without your love."

▪︎eipoohreel▪︎