Chapter 3: Undercover

Rydell has told Cassius about the offer he has received and that Liam wants to see him again. 'So you're considering it?' Asks Cassius, and Rydell nods 'Yes, I think so, if they have a good offer that suits me, then yes.' 'You know that they are the reason you lost everything. Your rank, position, honor. The police are no good for anything and it never was.' Cassius says, trying to talk him through. 'I understand you don't have a good history with the police but trust me... All they need is a good policeman who takes care of the city and sets the priorities.' Says Rydell and Cassius sighs 'Of course I won't stop you but know that my offer is still open.' He tries to get up but is still in pain. 'Let me help you.' Says Rydell. 'I'm fine.' says Cassius. He gets into his car and leaves. Rydell looks at Caroline and says 'Let me take you home.'

While they are in the car on their way home, Caroline looks out the window. 'You know he's right, right?' She says, and Rydell doesn't get it. 'Cassius, he was right. Instead of trusting you there, they took everything from you and now you want to go back while you can lead a whole gang. I know I shouldn't be the one to say this because I work for agents myself, but... think about it carefully.' Caroline says. 'I did.' Rydell says quickly and they arrive at Caroline's house. She gets out and says 'Rydell...' 'Care...' he says back. She gives him a look of let me finish 'I'll see you in my office tomorrow.' She says then she walks away. He sees her go in and then drives away. He changes his clothes and then goes to the police station to see Liam.

He comes to it and immediately walks in. 'You didn't wait this time.' Liam says. 'No because my decision has already been made and last time I kept waiting and then there was disappointing success. What have you got for me now?' Asks Rydell. Liam sighs and asks 'What if you work with Reeve and don't work under her?' Rydell laughs 'Been there, Done that so no thanks.' Liam reads the information about Rydell's past and ranks. 'You were in the army as a general, you were a sergeant and a detective.' Liam says and Rydell nods then Britney walks in. 'She's got a lot of freedom here, don't you think?' Asks Rydell, and Liam doesn't know what he's talking about. Rydell looks at Britney and says 'Ah I get it, no wonder she has this job.' Britney smiles 'I've changed.' 'They all say that.' Rydell says 'Well Liam if you don't have any more offers for me I'll go again.' Rydell walks to the door, and Liam shouts for Rydell to wait. He turns around. 'What if you get one of your positions back?' Liam asks.

Rydell walks back and says 'Interesting, what position?' 'Liam looks at Britney 'You can be a sergeant, you trained for it and... Liam was planning to fire someone, right?'

 Liam was  planning to fire someone, right?'

Liam hesitates and says 'Yes That's true.' Rydell shakes his head 'Leadership Of the detectives, you can lead that team.' Liam says, and Rydell reflects. 'Is that something for you?' Asks Liam and Rydell nods. 'I think this is an offer but there is one thing. I also got an offer from Cassius Graye.' 'Why would you work for him?' Liam asks. 'I'm not going to work for him, I'm getting his position. I'm going to run the gang.'

'