Chapter 10: Saying Goodbye

Caroline and Rydell are sitting at the kitchen table. 'You want us to adopt Cassidy?' Caroline asks. Rydell nods and looks down 'At least if you like that... I've been thinking about this for a while and...' 'She belongs here, here with us. Our family is incomplete without her. Yes, I thought about this for a while too, yes.' Caroline interrupts him. A smile appears on his face. 'I feel like she's only safe here.' 'Rydell, I really want us to become her parents if she wants to.' says Caroline. They look at each other and smile.

Los Angeles- Cassius Apartment- around 11 am

Jerome is at Cassius's door. 'Hey Rome, Good to see you. Come in.' Says Cassius, holding the door open. They go in and Cassius takes his coat. Jerome goes to Emma and shakes her hand. 'Thank you for coming.' Emma says. 'I'm glad I might be able to help.' Jerome says back. 'I'll leave you alone.' Cassius says, walking back to the door. Emma runs after him and says 'You don't have to leave.' 'I want to give you the time and space you need.' Says Cassius, giving a kiss on her forehead and then leaves. She closes the door and turns 'Shall we start, would you like a drink?'

Fifteen minutes has passed. Emma has told everything she took and asks Jerome how he got over this. 'I have surrounded myself with the people who were most important to me but at one point it became too much for me so I isolated myself from everything and everyone and that was such a relief. It felt like breathing again, but I kept in touch with family and friends to talk.'

'Where were you going?' Emma asks

'Where were you going?' Emma asks. 'Away from here, away from where everyone knew me.' says Jerome. Emma looks down 'Do you still live there?' Jerome nods 'Yes I still live in Buenos Aires, it's a beautiful and wonderful city and sometimes I'm here in L.A for the holidays, for example.' Emma nods and thinks.

A few days have passed. Caroline and Rydell are with Cassidy to ask her what she thinks about the plan they are working on. 'You wanted to ask me something?' Said Cassidy, coming their way. They squat and look at each other then they look at Cassidy. 'How about if we adopt you?' Caroline asks. It remains quiet and there is no response from Cassidy. Caroline and Rydell get nervous and look at each other. 'I thought that was already in progress.' Cassidy says with a smile on her face. They start to laugh 'You gave us a scare, Cas.' Says Rydell and she laughs cute 'I really want you to adopt me, to me you are... I only know you as my parents.' Caroline holds back her tears and smiles then they give each other a hug. Caroline's phone rings. 'I'll be right back.' She says. She gets up and picks up her phone. 'Hello? Oh you are in town?'

Emma comes home. 'Hey there you are, where have you been all morning?' Asks Cassius. Emma remains silent and wants to walk to the room. Cassius stops her and stands in front of her. 'Emma?' She sighs and looks at Cassius. 'Cassius I want to leave, I want to get out of here.' Cassius nods and says nothing. She walks back and puts her hands on her head. 'All this fuss around, I can't take it. If I really want to get over this well, I really have to get away from it all here.' Cassius swallows and says 'I get that, when are you leaving or where are you going at all?' She walks back to him and says 'Hawaii. I'm going there.' It pauses for a moment, then she says 'I understand that you might not like it because... Because of us. I...' Cassius shakes his head 'If you think it's best to leave then you should do it, you have to listen to your feelings.' 'But my gut tells me I don't want to leave you.' Emma says. Cassius looks down and wants to walk away but Emma takes his arm 'If you think this helps you go but if you don't want us... then maybe you shouldn't go.' Emma puts her hand on his cheek, they look at each other 'Yes you have to go, you also deserve peace of mind.' Cassius says then it enters Emma. 'Wait, come with me. I only get peace of mind when you're with me.' 'Emma, ​​I... I can't just leave here. They need me here, my family is here.' Cassius says. 'I get that, please think about it.' Emma says and he sighs.