Chapter 1: Working Mom

Everyone deserves a happy ending and in the end everyone gets it too. Sometimes it takes a little longer and others sometimes have to endure a bit more to get there but when you finally get there and you are happy with how you live and who you are with... it is a happy ending or do you still have to find it? Interesting.

Los Angeles - Somewhere near a bridge

Caroline looks into the distance. She has just finished work and actually has to go home, but before she does, she still wants to clear her head, just before she returns to her busy life. She looks at the sky and in the water she hears a voice behind her. She ignores it because she thinks it's not real and it's her imagination but it keeps bothering her. 'Caroline!!' she hears again, turning around because it keeps getting louder. 'Rydell?' She says, surprised.

Caroline immediately gets a smile on her face, the man she has always loved is back in L

Caroline immediately gets a smile on her face, the man she has always loved is back in L.A. She fiddles with her coat a bit and runs her hand through her hair a few times as he walks towards her. 'What are you doing here?' Caroline asks and Rydell laughs. He holds his arms wide open and says 'I'm home.' 'Home?' Caroline asks, confused. 'I... I really want to start over now, it was quite a few hard years after I lost everything, not that I regretted it but Cassius helped me very well and now... I am back where it all started and it feels like home. Down here, not that far I just bought a house so I can go in there tomorrow. Now a job and the first things are settled but enough about me, how are you?' Asks Rydell. Caroline looks down 'I'm fine.' She says, nodding. 'You had a daughter, right? How old is she now?' He asks and she nods again, then a smile reappears. 'I have two. True is my oldest, she's two but a sweet girl and Katherine is six months old, she's so calm and so small. Those two are the best that came out of the relationship and I wouldn't trade them for anything.' Rydell smiles too and says 'I can see that. You radiate when you talk about them. And Deacon, Larissa's son?' Caroline laughs 'Deacon is five now but... Ugh, I love that child, he has so much energy and so much life in him. Really a really nice kid.' Rydell looks at her and Caroline accidentally looks at him too, then he breaks the ice. 'I didn't see this coming. This... you. It's different from what you envisioned. Single mother, hardworking too and a very proud aunt.' Caroline smiles again 'This is certainly not the future I wanted but you can't influence it.' She looks at her phone and says 'I have to pick up the children from Larissa Maybe you can come and see them too?' Rydell thinks about it, then thinks it's a good idea. They drive there separately and enter together.

'Heyy heyy, Lara are you here?' Caroline asks when she enters. Larissa walks to the front door and sees Rydell. 'Oh my god, Rydell. How long ago?' She asks. He smiles and gives her a hug 'Uhm I think about 2 years, good to see you Lara.' 'I agree.' Larissa says, then she looks into the living room. 'Come on, such a shame you just missed Ford. He had to work.' 'Oh don't worry, I'll see him again.' Rydell says. 'Yes, because he's staying in L.A. He's even bought a house.' Caroline says and the women look at each other. 'Oh.' Larissa responds. True is overjoyed to see her mother again and runs over to her. Caroline hugs her daughter then True looks at Rydell. 'Hi, do you remember me?' Asks Rydell and True doesn't know what to say then Deacon comes running. 'Uncle Rydell!!!' he shouts and jumps into Rydell's arms. 'Deacon is this really you? Because when I last saw you, you were something so small. No, you can't, Deacon isn't that big already.' Rydell says and Deacon starts to laugh, looking at his mother and then at Rydell. 'Uncle Rydell, it is me. Look.' 'Oh now I see it, yes you really are.' Laughs Rydell. The children run away again. 'It was good to see them.' says Rydell. 'You get along well with them.' Larissa says. 'They're good kids, it's not that difficult.' says Rydell. 'True!! Just a few more minutes then we really have to go!!' Caroline shouts and you can hear all the laughter in the distance. 'They're still having fun playing.' Says Larissa. 'Yes, but her father wants to be on time, not a minute longer.' says Caroline. Rydell takes a step back and says 'Girls, it was good to finally see you again but I have to run. I'll see you again.'