Chapter 8: Cassidy

It's very early in the morning. Rydell and Caroline are in bed, she kisses him then the alarm rings. 'This is earlier this time, Why That?' Asks Rydell.

 'This is earlier this time, Why That?' Asks Rydell

Caroline gets out of bed 'It has to do with work. It's important, I'll explain later.' Says Caroline, running into the bathroom.

She arrives at her office with a cup of coffee in her hand. Gabriel also enters her office and says 'God it is early. It's worth it, it's worth it.' 'Let's get started.' says Caroline, taking a sip of her coffee and putting it on the table. They read the whole thing and Caroline asks 'Why hasn't this been resolved yet? These are all complaints and suspects.' Gabriel nods. 'Because it is not certain, they are all rumors. Things these people think they've seen.' 'But that's enough to start an investigation anyway, it's about children.' Caroline says, sitting down. 'Find out who these people are and if we can visit them.' 'Get it done.' Gabriel says, leaving her office.

Hours have passed. 'What is it? Doesn't anyone want to say anything?' Caroline asks. 'No worse, we can't find anyone.' Gabriel replies. Caroline thinks it's strange. They try again but all suspects and people who might have seen something are nowhere to be found. Caroline was still investigating and reads 'You're not serious?' She takes her coat and Gabriel asks where she's going. 'Pay someone else a visit.'

She walks into the police station and sees everyone sitting at their office doing nothing. 'Is this what you guys do here all day?' Caroline asks. 'Uhm sorry?' Asks Britney. Caroline looks up and down at Britney, then looks at Rydell. 'Can you get Liam?' She asks. Britney stands up and asks 'Why because you think we're not doing anything?' Caroline looks at her and says 'No because I do have important things to do. Get Liam!!' she calls to Rydell and he leaves. Liam finally walks up with Rydell. 'What's going on, Caroline?' He asks and she steps forward. 'Does an industrial estate full of trapped children remind you of a case you turned down?' Rydell looks at Liam and then Caroline. 'What? Let's see.' He says and Caroline hands him the folder. Rydell, Liam and Britney read it. 'When we turned it down, it wasn't that bad.' Britney says. 'If you'd put an end to it, it wouldn't have turned out like that.' Caroline responds. 'It didn't look important enough.' says Liam. Caroline takes the folder back and says 'And that's why children are dying there because you didn't do anything.' She turns and wants to walk away. 'Let us help you.' Says Rydell. Caroline quits. 'How far are you? Do you guys have anything yet?' Asks Britney. Caroline thinks and sighs. 'I want this to be resolved and if it goes faster with your help I'll take it.' She walks over to a table and puts the folder open. 'So these are all the suspects and people who think they've seen something.' Caroline says. 'They are rumors.' Says Britney and Caroline nods. 'That's what everyone thought but we just can't find these people. There are no addresses in their names.' 'How strange.' says Liam. Rydell looks at the pictures and thinks he recognizes someone. 'You said it's an industrial estate with kids? Do you mean like foster care but with bad care?' Caroline nods 'Something like that.' 'I know her.' Rydell says, pointing to a photo 'She said she worked with children in foster care but was going to quit soon because she often disagreed with her boss.' Caroline steps back and picks up her phone 'This could be enough.' she says.