Chapter 9: Marry Your Daughter

Two months have passed. Normal life has resumed but Rydell and Caroline couldn't forget the little girl they saved, especially now that they've chosen a name for her. Because they feel they should watch over her and have now become very attached to her, they have visited her for weeks. In fact, she often visits and enjoys socializing with the rest of the family. Cassidy is now indispensable and has become part of them.

Los Angeles- Ford and Larissa's house- around 1pm

Caroline is at the door and Larissa opens the door. 'Hey, you are free today, aren't you?' She asks. Larissa gives her a strange look because she knows that Caroline is up to something. 'Yes we are. It is not often that we are both at home all day, but why? Why do you ask?' Caroline smiles and Ford comes to the door too. He stands behind Larissa and asks what's going on. 'You are free and come with us.' says Caroline. 'Wait for what?' Asks Ford. 'And with whom?' Asks Larissa. 'We just picked up Cassidy, we're going to the park. We just let them run and play. Maybe we can have a picnic, Hayden and Rydell come too.' Caroline explains. 'Hayden? Is he coming too?' Asks Larissa and Caroline nods. 'We're trying to do more things together, for the kids.' Deacon also comes running into the hall and shouts 'Wait where are we going? The park!!' He takes his coat and runs to Caroline. 'I'm going with Aunt Care.' Caroline smiles and looks at his parents. Larissa looks at Ford and smiles. 'Looks like we're going to the park.' They pack things up for the picnic and then leave.

They come to that. Deacon and Cassidy get out of the car. 'Come on, let me show you where the cool stuff is.' Said Deacon. He takes Cassidy's hand and then runs ahead. Larissa tries to call him but he is already running away. 'This child.' She says. Ford smiles and says 'Don't worry.' He kisses her head and runs after the children. She gets the things out of the car, Hayden stands next to her. 'I'm happy for you.' He says and Larissa doesn't get it. 'That you got what you always wanted. A husband, a child.' He says, then he looks at Ford and Deacon. Larissa smiles 'You got what you wanted too, a chance to show that you are better than your father. You don't have one miracle but two, be proud of that.' 'I am proud of that.' Hayden says then he looks at his two girls 'Believe me, I am.' They look at each other and smile 'Since when did we grow up?' He asks and Larissa shrugs 'I don't know but it was coming.' Then they laugh and give each other a hug. 'I like having you here.' Larissa says. They took everything out of the car and sat down among the trees.

'A breath of fresh air.' Caroline says as she sits down and everyone looks at her. 'What? Yes, I can have some fresh air too.' 'Yes, of course, the nature lover.' Laughs Rydell and sits down next to her. 'Of course I would have expected more support from you.' Laughs Caroline. 'And of course you get that.' says Rydell, putting an arm over her. Hayden comes back with True in his arms. 'Well, she's done playing now.' He says, putting her down. 'Are you tired now honey?' Caroline asks and True nods 'Here's a drink.' And she hands it to her. Deacon, Cassidy and Ford return. Larissa picks up a bag of chips and Deacon goes straight to his mother. 'Ooh mama, can I?' 'Me too!!' shouts Ford. Larissa holds the bag of chips and opens it. 'What if I say neither of you can.'