───── Book Three ║ Ch. 2

█▓▒░   ░▒▓█     █▓▒░  ░▒▓█

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

   █▓▒░   ░▒▓█     █▓▒░  ░▒▓█

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"Why'd you do it?"

Zuko asked, his face was stoic, but his amber eyes showed annoyance as he leaned against the door of Soza's bedroom. 

"You're going to have to be a little more specific," Soza whispered softly, her eyes closed as she reclined on her silky bed.

"Why did you tell father that I was the one who killed the Avatar?," he berated, walking farther into the room and nearing Soza's bed. 

"Can't this wait until morning?," an annoyed Soza grumbled.

"It can't."

"Fine," Soza sighed, her amber eyes opening before she lazily sat up. "You seemed so worried about how father would treat you because you hadn't captured the Avatar." She picked at her red nails, while she continued to speak. "I figured that if I gave you the credit, you'd have nothing to worry about."

"But, why?"

"Call it... a generous gesture," Soza drawled, sweeping up and out of her silk sheets before she leaned against one of the golden pillars that held a canopy above her bed. "I wanted to thank you for your help, and I was happy to share the glory with my elder brother."

"You're lying," Zuko insisted, glaring at his younger sister, who sighed in annoyance at his stubbornness.

"If you say so," the Princess shrugged, turning away from her bed before sinking down into the plush chair that was stationed at her desk; which was unclean, covered upon mountains and mountains of scrolls.

"You have another motive for doing this," Zuko didn't drop the topic, "I just haven't figured out what it is yet."

"Please Zuko," Soza stretched her arms above her head. "What ulterior motive could I have? What could I possibly gain by letting you get all the glory for defeating the Avatar?" She tapped her chin, pretending to think about it.