───── Book Three║Ch. 8

█▓▒░   ░▒▓█     █▓▒░  ░▒▓█

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

█▓▒░   ░▒▓█     █▓▒░  ░▒▓█

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"She's just baiting you again. Calm down," Sokka ordered, placing a hand on Toph's shoulder. 

"Okay," Aang caught on. "So what do we do?" he asked calmly, though his hand was still holding his staff threateningly. "Just ignore her?" he asked again.

"We don't have a choice. We just need to get out of here." Sokka said, turning around and starting to lead the other two away. "And find the Fire Lord on our own somehow," he added when Aang and Toph hesitated to follow him.

"It's a trap," two voices said cuttingly. "Don't say we didn't warn you," Soza and Azula mused together. 

"Ignore!"

"So," Soza started cunningly. "Sokka's your name, right?"

"My favorite prisoner used to mention you all the time," Azula cut in, taking over the talk. Sokka paused in walking, confusion painted on his face ― a small hint of anger also. "She was convinced that you were going to come rescue her. Of course, you never came, and she gave up on you." Azula mocked with pride. 

Sokka's eyes went wide, a growl of annoyance leaving him, as tears streamed out from his eyes and down his face. He lunged forward at Azula; his own plan forgotten. 

"Come and get it," Azula whispered, smirk widening. A small 'shing' was heard as a dagger emerged from underneath her sleeve. 

Toph's ears picked up on the subtle sound of the blade though, her wrists flicking as a piece of earth knocked both Azula and Soza to the wall, trapping them there. Grunts left the twins' lips as Sokka slammed his arms against Azula's shoulder in a fit of rage.