Chapter 13. Deceived Part 2

Genevieve, Jacques, and Dominique Marquis

Chance Madden, Vice president of the Marquis empire

Chance Madden, Vice president of the Marquis empire. (25 years old)

Briac Alard, Alexei's stepbrother (21 years old)

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. I hope that you all will enjoy reading this chapter. I will try to update this story two times a week. The next installment will be on Thursday. Stay safe everyone and please leave a comment.

Alexei's P.O.V

James called me to say that my lawyer Albert Finch and he had already arrived at the restaurant. They were busy discussing the case when I reached the location. The receptionist of the high-end restaurant already knew me. I celebrated most of my accomplishments with my teams at the Providence restaurant. The receptionist led me to my party's table after greeting me. James could see that I was in no mood to talk. He continued chatting with Albert to keep him engaged. Chance stepped into the restaurant in a rush. He quickly walked over to our table and said while taking off his jacket, "I'm sorry for being late, guys. Something came up just when I was about to leave the house." It was the weekend, so my father had probably stopped by Chance's house with his wife to check on Briac.

I wish that my father had shown so much interest in me. I nodded at Chance, then looked at my watch. It was time for Mr. Biggs and his entourage to appear. Mr. Biggs didn't disappoint me. He walked into the restaurant with his company at two o'clock. I smirked then said, "Act as humble as possible, everyone. Don't let them know that we are on to them." Chance looked puzzled at me but didn't make any remarks. Mr. Biggs smiled at me, then greeted me with, "Good afternoon, Mr. Marquis." I stood up and addressed him back with, "Good afternoon, sir. I hope that you are doing well." Mr. Biggs chuckled while taking a seat with his party. I shook my head when I heard Mr. Biggs ask me, "Did you fire your people for making such a blunder, Mr. Marquis?"