Chapter 61. True love Part 3

Alexei's P.O.V

Zachariel and I walked with pride towards the dome. A wedding photographer stopped us before we could reach the entrance. I hadn't even realized that a camera crew had been filming us. The wedding photographer asked us to pose for some photos. Zachariel and I followed the man's instructions. We continued our journey after the photo session was over. Everyone was waiting for us at the entrance of the wedding venue.

Zachariel groaned when Caterina grabbed his arm, then said, "Not so fast, Patrizio." Zachariel smiled at his mother, then uttered, "Sorry, mom. In all my excitement, I forgot about my plan." Zachariel kissed me softly, then stated, "Go ahead, Alexei. I'll catch up with you in a minute. Enjoy the surprise." I looked in bewilderment at Zachariel. I thought that I knew every little detail about the ceremony. Zachariel just grinned in response at me. I nodded, then went to stand next to my father. My father fixed my tie, then asked me, "Are you nervous, Alexei?" I sighed, then answered my father with, "A little bit, dad. I'm afraid to disappoint Zachariel. What if I fail to act friendly to everyone and ruin the wedding ceremony?"

My father chuckled, then stated, "Zachariel will follow you to hell and back, son. He knows you better than anyone. He won't get displeased with you that easily." I gazed at the love of my life. Zachariel winked at me, then went back to chatting with his friends. I grinned at my father, then said to him, "You are right, dad. Zachariel knows me best. I'm blessed to have him as my other half." Adriana approached us, then asked me, "Are you ready to walk down the aisle with your father, Mr. Marquis?" I smiled at my father, then responded to Adriana with, "Yes, Adriana. Let's get this show on the road."

Amelia grabbed my hand, then said, "I want you to have something before you go, Alexei. It belonged to my father. He gave it to me before he went into seclusion with my mother." I frowned when I saw Amelia take a male diamond brooch out of her bag. The jewelry looked custom-made. It was beautiful. Anyone could see that it was worth a million dollars. I didn't understand why Amelia was giving it to me instead of to Briac. Amelia hesitated when she saw my reaction. She quickly put the pin back in her bag, then stated, "I'm sorry, Alexei. I overstepped my boundaries. You don't have to accept the brooch if you don't want to." I grabbed Amelia's hand, then said to her, "The brooch is beautiful, Amelia. I will gladly accept it. I'm curious about why you didn't give it to Briac, though."

Amelia giggled, then responded to me with, "The first thing that came up in my mind when I met you was "Hmm, my father's diamond brooch will look good on Alexei's lapel." Your father laughed when I told him about it. I never dared to give the brooch to you because of our rocky relationship. You seemed to have accepted me to some extent. So I thought that I should finally give it to you." I smiled at Amelia, then asked her, "Can you help me put it on, Amelia?" Amelia gave her bag to my father, then uttered, "Sure, Alexei." Amelia grinned while looking at the brooch. She took a step back, then stated, "I was right, Alexei. It's like my father had you in mind when he created the pin. You look gorgeous, son." My father patted my back, then said, "It's time, Alexei."

Amelia moved aside to give us the space that we needed. I grasped her hand, then uttered, "I would like you to join us, Amelia. You are a big part of the children's and my life. I want you to be by my side when I say yes to the love of my life." Amelia looked in surprise at me. She quickly composed herself then said, "I love you, son." I knew that Amelia didn't expect a reply from me. I was happy to have a stepmother who loved me. My father, Amelia, and I slowly walked to the entrance of the area. There was a remarkable curtain by the path. I could barely see what was behind the decoration. I got startled when a love song started blasting through the speakers. The curtain slowly opened, and a few rope dancers began showering us with flower petals.

Amelia stared in awe at the performers. I looked at my father, then said to him, "I didn't expect my wedding to be this extravagant, dad." My father laughed, then stated, "Come, son. Let's not keep your partner waiting." Everyone stood up to show us respect. I could see that they were intrigued by the show. And why wouldn't they? The rope dancers were skilled and looked like cupids. My father and Amelia led me to the altar, then took a seat. Chance put his hand on my shoulder, then said, "This is amazing, Alexei. The wedding venue looks like a magical garden. I wish that I had thought of it." I shook my head, then responded to Chance with, "No one can surpass Zachariel, Chance." Chance chuckled while watching the rope dancers distribute gifts and snacks to the guests. The younger children squealed while watching the floating cupids.