16

Your POV:

I kept hitting myself with my small and ineffectual fist to the head every 5 minutes when I replayed the events of the day and the moment I say, "let's do this again", I hit myself.

I looked across my bed to the window, mentally cursing myself.

I'm scared to even think what Yoongi's thinking of me now. He must think I'm a thirsty bitch looking to calm my hormones...

No, no. I'll explain it to him tomorrow.

I turned my back towards the window in an attempt to turn away from the weird warmth I felt when he leaned in.

I was slowly drifting off to sleep when I started hearing people shouting.

It was a man and a woman fighting.

I didn't even have to turn around to see who it was. I think the entire nileighborhood knew.

Every time Yoongi's parents are home together, there's always a war.

I used to pity Yoongi when I saw people using his misery as a source of entertainment and gossip. But my pity soon turned to a feeling of emptiness that at least he had a family. Who was I to pity him?

But right now, I feel sorry for him again. I don't he's had both his parents back home together at the same time in quite a while...

Which now I'm suspecting wasn't coincidental. And honestly, I see why they avoid being at home together.

But it really must suck for him to have both of them back after so long and....

My train of thought was interrupted when I heard a knock on my window.

At first it got lost in the noise but then it got more desperate so I jumped out of my bed.

"Yoongi!," I gasped. He was hanging by the window sill and I quickly pulled him in.

"What are you-," I started but stopped when I saw his face. He looked.... broken. "Are you okay?"

He looked at his feet.

"2 years," he said. "It's been 2 years I've seen either of them. And I thought after all this time, they could be civil enough to at least have a decent dinner with their only son, keeping all their shit aside. Just for one night," his voice was filled with pain.

He looked at me, tears shimmering in his eyes. "I mean I get that they don't love each other. But do they not even love me? Is their contempt for each other bigger than their love for me? Just one night, y/n. One night. They can't even give me one night?"

It was like my heart was breaking over and over again. How was I supposed to console him? What was I to say when I know nothing I can say will take his pain away.

But I knew I had to say something. I opened my mouth but he said, "I'm so tired... can I sleep with you tonight?"

WHAT? Excuse me???

I guess he saw my expression so he quickly amended,"I mean just sleep. I can take the floor. I just can't sleep in all that noise...."

And I knew I had to help him.

So I once again opened my mouth but this time, it was his mother who interrupted me.

"Why did you have to come back today, of all days?," his mother shouted. "Was one mistress not enough for you?"

And Yoongi's eyes shot to my face. "You can hear them here too..."

Oh. He didn't know that.

And cue the heartbreak. I don't know what got into me as I hugged him.

He stood limp... but then slowly hugged me back. Having buried my face in his chest with the comfort that he can't see me, I said, "I don't know what to say or how to say it but I do know that you need a friend. So you can sleep here. I know you can hear them but it's not as bad as I imagine it was at your place."

Then I pulled away.

He looked into my eyes and that warm feeling was back again.

I broke eye contact and looked away. Then cleared my throat. "You can take the bed."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded and looking for a distraction said, "I'll bring you a glass of water. You should go to bed, you must be tired," and I walked briskly out. As soon as I was out, I took a sigh of relief and shook my head in an attempt to shake the heat off my face.

When I returned, Yoongi was already under covers so I tiptoed my way to the bed and quietly put the glass on the side table.

However, as I turned away, he grabbed my hand and pulled me so hard that I fell on the bed next to him.

"Please don't yell or kick me away," he said before I could protest. The next words held so much pain that I couldn't say no, "can you lay with me for a while?"

My heart started beating painfully fast, or maybe it really was hurting for him.

When I sat up, the look of disappointment was evident on his face.

But the astonished surprise on his face when I pulled the covers laid back down was priceless.

I was careful not to look at his face so I kept staring at the ceiling. There was an awkward silence between us.

Which is why, we could still hear his parents.

Desperate to take his mind off of it, I spoke. "You know... I always seemed to think I was incomplete because I didn't have a complete family. An ever absent mother and no father," I sighed. "But I guess sometimes it's better to not have parents than have-," I quickly realized that it was too rude and mentally slapped my head off.

"I-I mean- it isn't so bad not having a father. Maybe if my parents were together, they would fight like yours do, too and that is why they chose to part ways. In a way that's better, I guess."

In response, Yoongi wrapped my hand with his own which made me turn to look at him. He was already looking at me.

"You're right. And having my parents fight isn't so bad either," he smiled.

"What do you mean?," I said, confused because just minutes ago he was upset.

"Because," his eyes became hooded. "If they hadn't been fighting, I wouldn't be...," his eyes dropped down to my lips, "...here."

And the heat was back, this time all over my body.

"Somehow having shitty parents is now trumped because I have you," and he leaned in.

Fuuuuuuck.

I closed my eyes.

A/n: unedited.

Vote, share and comment.