14

Yoongi's POV:

It wasn't enough that I felt bad about hitting her cat and keeping it a secret.

But now I knew it was the only gift her estranged, never-to-be-seen father had ever given her.

I felt like I was in a grave and I'd normally not mind the peace of the slumber, only this time...

Felt like I was 50 feet under a pile of crap.

I didn't know what to say as I saw her eye brim with tears I knew would turn to lava of hatred the moment she knew the truth.

And this was what made me keep my silence in hopes she would never have to know.

I mean the cat is alive and recuperating. Why even bother who hit her? The main thing is that she was saved.

With that fake comfort of self pity, I saw my hands reach over and wipe away her tears.

"You know, all is well that ends well," I said, more to assure myself than to her.

She sniffed and smiled. "You're right. I don't know why I'm so emotional these days."

"Maybe your lady fri-aaaaah!!," I yelped when her foot crushed mine.

"Pervert Yoongi is back," she quirked and I couldn't help but smile.

"He was never gone."

"He should be," she said but I sensed a hint of tease behind her tone.

"Wanna see if you can send him away?," I leaned closer to her.

"Oh, Suga," she coaxed as I bit back a smile at her taunt but it soon turned into a yelp as I bit my tongue as she kicked me in the shin. "See? Gone. And so am I," she laughed.

There's no way she couldn't feel the sexual tension between us.

The crisp sparks. The banter.

But now she was leaving.

For some reason, I didn't want her to.

"Where are you off to?"

She turned around and bit her lip. The smile was gone. "The library...," she trailed off.

Oh.

Oh. She's going to retake the test. The test she failed because of me.

And just when I had slightly begun to feel better, I was thrown back into the despair land I had bought several properties in by now.

"I uh... I never got the chance to...," I couldn't even look at her. Pathetic. "You know, apologize... there's no excuses...," I trailed off.

But her hand on my arm made me look up.

She was smiling.

"It's okay, Yoongi. I'm over it," she said.

I blinked.

"Okay, I'm half way over it," she chuckled. "Look, there's two ways I can handle this. Move on, think about my future and work harder which is hard..."

She paused when she saw the pain on my face and her grip ever so lightly warmed.

"....or I could hate you and blame you which is even harder."

I couldn't believe my ears. Did she just say-

"So you don't hate me now?"

"Don't make me repeat myself, Suga boy," she laughed.

But seeing my expression, she said, "no, I don't hate you. How can I hate someone who saved my Areum?"

I don't know if I was supposed to feel happy about it but somehow, my heart felt a little better when I decided to focus on the part that she didn't hate me.

"Okay, so, I'm getting late. I have a friend waiting for me at the library."

Friend? This girl. Won't let my heart rest, will she?

I cleared my throat. "What friend? You don't have any," I nudged her.

She pretended to be hurt and pinched my arm. "I do too! I met this guy at the library who helped me with equations and stuff. He goes to Seoul Uni too," she grew excited. "Hey, maybe you know him! His name is Kim Namjoon."

Fuck me.

I think the bile that I tasted made it's way onto my face because her excitement fell as she said, "are you okay? What's wrong?"

"I know him. Oh, I know him. And I know he's not a friend. At least for him, you aren't," I couldn't keep the poison out of my voice.

"I can't believe this. Why do you always act like every guy on the planet is a jerk and is gonna hit on me?"

"Because you seem to always choose the wrong people!"

And the hurt on her face was evident. I instantly regretted yelling at her.

She scoffed. "I guess you're right. Because I chose you."

And with that, she turned on her heel and I stood there balling my fists.

But I wasn't gonna let her go away this time. I had finally begun getting closer to her.

I'm not gonna let this stupid dude get in between us.

So I ran after her. She not only made me feel a range of exhausting emotions in under an hour, but also managed to make me run.

She better realize soon what she means to me.

Catching up to her, I grabbed her arm and turned her around. "Stop."

Before she could start, I put my hand on her mouth. "Listen to me. Then you can storm off all you want."

She blinked and heaved angrily but I knew she would listen now.

"I know Namjoon. That's why I don't want him around you. He's the biggest playboy at the campus. Believe me, all he wants from you is to get into your pants. I swear, I just want to protect you. And I wouldn't just barge into your life decisions if I didn't know who he really was. I wouldn't be surprised if you're another one of his bets."

"Bets?"

"He and his best buds Jin and Jungkook sort of have this game where they see a girl and bet how long it would take for them to get her...," I let the words hang.

She looked horrified.

"And I thought I had found someone to help me, you know. Him being a student at Seoul Uni and all," now she sounded disappointed.

"That's what you're sad about?," I couldn't keep the amusement out of my voice.

"Well, yeah! Why is that funny? You know how important that is to me," she pouted slightly.

My heart skipped a beat.

"Then you have another student to help you," I said, as seriously as I could.

"Who?"

"Me."

_________________________

Henlo! Sorry for the long wait, as always.

But now that the backdrop is set, the story will move ahead smoothly and I won't need such long breaks so yay!

Vote, share and comment!

Thank you ♥️