Frozen memories (Sibling! Zane + Kid! Lloyd)

Requested by luanayolo ! Sorry I took so long! I hope this alright, I had some trouble figuring out the plot and stuff haha!

Art by: luanayolo

Key:
Y/n- your name
H/c- Hair color
E/c- Eye color

(Y/n) huffed a little to herself, her breath showed in the frosty air as she trudged through the snow. Hot tears ran down her cheeks, her eyes slightly puffy.

She approaches a certain tree, tracing some of the markings with her finger, more tears forming inside her eyes.

(Y/n) had just lost pretty much everything. Her home, destroyed, along with a majority of her belongings.

(Y/n) had no family, at least not anymore.

So, she was all alone, just like she had started out.

She slid down to the ground, back against the tree as sobs began to engulf her.

~~~

A few month prior-

(Y/n) pulled a shivering little Lloyd closer to her body, offering some comfort to the small child.

The two were currently in a room, locked and guarded by the serpentine. (Y/n) had already scouted for any ways out, but upon seeing none the best thing they could do was wait together.

(Y/n) and Lloyd had been captured, Lloyd snuck in and accidentally got discovered, (Y/n) being an innocent bystander that had happened to be at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

When the two were thrown in together, (Y/n) managed to befriend the young boy. She had tried to distract him with games of rock paper scissors, eye spy, and questioned him about the comics he reads.

Even with (Y/n)'s attempts to distract him, she could tell he was still scared. So, she tried her best to comfort him. The dark, cold room made it a little bit harder to do that though.

The faint muffling of the serpentine generals arguing could be heard, but not enough to completely disturb the quiet atmosphere.

Lloyd gave a small whimper as he cuddled into (Y/n)'s arms. He was obviously not enjoying this one bit. He gave a small yawn, probably exhausted from the day's events.

(Y/n) felt bad for the little boy, "Maybe you should try to get some sleep while you can" She told him as he yawned again.

"I can't sleep" He mumbles, burying his small face into her side. (Y/n) sighs and puts a hand on his head, rubbing it a bit and ruffling some of the hair.

"Can you tell me a story? It might help" He asked, looking up at her with big, hopeful eyes.

(Y/n) smiled "Alright, if it'll help you sleep."

~~~

Zane could hardly believe it.

'I'm a robot?' The question kept swirling in his head as he examined the blueprints. He already confirmed it by opening up his chest panel, and seeing all the wires, switches, and gears.

It was still hard to believe, after all he'd lived a good while thinking he was human, functioning like a human, and feeling like a human too.

Sure, he had his differences, but he still felt a majority of what his brothers had felt.

"Uh, a memory switch?" He says softly to himself, looking down and seeing the switch. Curiosity got the better of him. He flipped it, and instantly a rush of memories flooded his mind.