7. warmth

You spun around, facing the sound of the noise, the knock on your door now growing louder.

Your door suddenly flew open.

Before you stood a tall, blond boy, whose blue eyes lit up at the sight of you. His arms hung loosely at his sides but suddenly he rushed towards you and you were wrapped up in them, pressed against his chest.

You gasped out of sheer shock and pulled away slightly, still held close, but far enough away to be able to make out his facial features. His eyes met yours and crinkled slightly as he broke out into a soft laugh.

"Tommy?" You nearly whisper.

"Hi," He said softly, matching your tone, if not quieter.

"How are you-" you cut yourself off wacthing his eyes travel around your face, trying to memorize every bit of what you looked like.

His gaze lowered and he took a step back, noticing how much he towered over you. The height difference was significant, but not uncomfortable. He chuckled a bit, in a different way than you had ever heard him.

"I could be asking you the same thing, you know" He answered.

Your gaze became ridden with confusion, as you watched the walls of your room shift a bit, as if they were melting. His left hand met your right and linked the two together. The rest of your arm seemed to explode into flames at the warmth of his touch.

Your eyes shot to his, and were met with his cold expression. He seemed to be staring right through you.
It didn't make sense. None of it did. How was he here?
As your brain attempted to figure out the logistics of all of this, your subconscious seemed to grow fainter, and suddenly, you were awake again, but this time, your room was empty.

Tommy wasn't here. He had never been.

You pulled your pillow over your face and screamed into it, muffling the sound of your voice, and the conversation your parents were having in the living room. The room seemed colder without him, but it was supposed to snow relatively soon. Your house had been feeling rather cold for the past couple of days, but it was his lack of warmth that made you actually realize it.

You rose shakily.

You could have sworn your hand was just as hot as it had felt, held by his.

It wasn't enough that you couldn't see him in real life, now you had to have dreams about him? This was getting to be too much. You needed some space from him.

As if on cue, your phone lit up next to you.

Facetime call from Tommyinnit

Groaning slightly, but unable to resist, you answered.

"Hey" you mumbled sleepily.

You could have sworn Tommy blushed a bit looking at you.

"Tommy what do you need" you say, growing a little embarrassed that he was just staring at you.

"Sorry I uh-" He looked away as he rubbed the back his neck. "I was just letting you know Tubbo and I might stream in like an hour-did you just wake up?"

"Yes Tommy, I have school in an hour" You slur lazily, as your body begins to wake up.

"Oh shit I forgot" Tommy says, embarrassed.

You had never seen him acting like this. If anything, you should be the one acting shy since your realization last night. On top of that, your subconscious certainly wasn't helping either.

"Are you feeling okay?" You ask with concern lacing your words.

"Yes! Yeah sorry, I guess I uh-might be a little tired from the drive yesterday." he stuttered.