20. accidentally

You drew in your beath, shoulders tensing as you read his message. What the fuck did he do. 

You opened your phone and went straight to his messages, ignoring the missed calls from him, Tubbo, and Wilbur.

9:00 A.M
Tomathy| Wait fuck what time is your flight
Tomathy| Shit you're probably already on it
Tomathy| Fuck

9:27 A.M.
Tomathy| FUCK

9:39 A.M.
Tomathy| Please text me when you land

10:42 A.M.
Tomathy| POG Toby's talking to me again :)

11:55 A.M.
Tomathy| Bout to go get lunch with Fin and Tubzo, text me when you can, I kinda miss you I guess, but not too much because I'm not a fucking simp

12:21 P.M.
Tomathy| I miss you

1:06 P.M.
Tomathy| I don't know if you're back on Twitter or not, but please just let me explain.

9:37 P.M.
Tomathy| Y/n please I know how fucking bad it looks please call me asap

Your face burned and your throat felt tight. It felt like the tense part in the movie where you really didn't know of the main characters were going to survive even though somehow, they always did. But this wasn't a movie.

You redownloaded Twitter as a text from Dream came through.

The green man| hey, have you been on twitter recently ?

you texted back that you hadn't.

The green man| oh. someone's spreading this picture of Tommy around, i don't know if you've seen it
Attachment: 1 image

It was a blurry picture of Tommy and Finley standing next to a table in a restaurant you could only assume was Blue's Kitchen. Tubbo was nowhere to be seen, not that you had even bothered looking for him because you found your eyes unable to tear away from the image of your boyfriend with his arm wrapped around Finley, lips pressed into hers.

You lost your breath, face turning redder by the second as your stomach crashed into itself, feeling like someone had just punched you in the gut. Hard.

Y/N| what the fuck
The green man| look Twitter (and all other social media) love to spread fake shit that only makes you upset. don't do anything right now until you've talked to Tommy. I'm sure he has an explanation for this.
Y/n| this is so fucking stupid

Incoming call: The green man

"H-hey Dream, um can I call you back?"

"No no no wait. Listen to my voice for a sec, okay? Don't look at your phone and just take a second to breath. You know how fucking terrible Twitter is. You know there's more to this than that god awful blurry picture. Don't let this screw up anything for you, alright? It's easy to spiral when the internet does dumb shit, but trust me. Don't do anything right now that can get you in trouble." Dream spoke softly, keeping his voice as steady as he possibly could.

You were shaking, eyes filling with tears that burned your eyes as you choked out, "I just, I just don't get it. He's so fucking-"

"Watch your tongue young lady!" Your mother commented from the front seat.

You had almost forgotten where you were. While your life was collapsing, your parents were sitting two feet away, completely oblivious to what you were facing alone, as usual. Except, maybe this time, you weren't alone.