12. Tubbo moment

"Wait wait wait Lani, what exactly did Tubbo say to you?"

"Okay so technically I'm not suppose to tell you, so let's say that hypothetically," She took a deep breath, "Tommy's had a really big crush on you and he really really likes you but doesn't think you're interested in him." Lani spoke quickly, like the faster she strung her words together, the less likely you were able to catch it at all.

Your jaw dropped, staring at Lani for a second before you let out a small laugh of disbelief. This all felt so juvenile, whispering to your friend about your crush as he walked a mere 4 feet ahead of you, you couldn't help but laugh at the situation.

"But you like him too right?" Lani said, eyes widening as she stared into yours. "You have to like him, you totally do, I saw you at the ice skating rink, you totally-wait. You do, right? Because I only told you 'cause I thought you did and oh no-you totally don't oh no no no Tubbo is going to KI-"

"Lani! I do, I do, but let's not scream it to the whole world yet!" You whispered, giggling at her shocked expression.

Her eyes lit up immediately and she jumped with excitement. "OH I KNEW IT I KNEW IT TUBBO DIDN'T THINK YOU DID-" Immediately she clamped her hand over her mouth, as the two older boys spun around to look at you both. Tubbo's eyes were shooting daggers into this little sister, more enraged than you had ever seen him.

You smiled meekly, face turning redder by the minute.

"We were uh-we were talking about what I got you guys for Christmas!" You hastily explained. The talk of presents distracted them both, Tommy more than Tubbo, who kept his gaze trained on his sister, shooting her a sort of you're gonna pay for this later type of look.

The four of you, now seated in the car, buckled your seat belts. Another shiver ran through your spine, and Tommy shot you a worried look. You weren't used to cold winters like the boys. Tommy reached over to you and placed his jacket around your lap as best he could before turning back to his phone. Your face melted into a warm blush before adding a quick thank you. Tubbo mentioned something about running a quick errand while you lot were out, before your gaze rested out the window again, slowly drifting away in thought.

You woke up to Tommy gently nudging your hand. You didn't know when you'd fallen asleep or how long it had been, but the car was now empty with just you and Tommy in the back seat.

"Shit sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No you're fine don't worry about it, I was just gonna say Tubbo just texted me asking if we want anything from the store."

You glanced around the empty car and then out the windshield to see a supermarket. Tubbo and Lani had probably gone in, leaving you and Tommy alone.

"Oh, I'm okay, thanks"

"Alright I'll let him know"

A moment of silence passed as Tommy texted his best friend. You casually opened your phone as well. You hear Tommy yawn a bit as his arms stretched out, desperate to find space in the small car.

"Did you fall asleep too?" You questioned.

"Nope. Just got a little sore from constantly being your pillow," Tommy replied with a laugh.

A blush crept across your face, "Yeah sorry about that."

He laughed softly, "Really, I don't mind, y/n."

You smiled and the two of you fell into a comfortable silence, scrolling through your phones.

He glanced down at his jacket that was still wrapped around your legs. You let a yawn slip out and he chuckled.