28. simp

"Wait how the hell are you here?" You gasped, still holding onto his hand.

"I uh, I've been talking to Ranboob over there about a way I could talk to you again. I didn't know what to say or where to start and he kept saying that I should just come out here and talk to you in person, so he offered to let me stay with him and said he would fly me out. He said you've really been super sad without me, you know, crying and shit, so I better come quickly."

You rolled your eyes at his last sentence, giggling as you pushed his arm with your own.

"So not the time to make fun of me being emotional over you, asshole," You teased.

"Hey, I've been a fucking mess without you the past couple of months too, how do you think I feel?" He said with a sad smile, his eyes downcast.

"Tommy, I never should have ended things. I just, y'know, I only did it because I wanted you to be happy."

"But I was already happy," He muttered quietly to you, meeting your eyes with his own.

Your heart sunk. This conversation was hurting you as much as you had imagined it would.

"I know, I was being selfish. I pushed you away. I never should have done that, I know that now."

"If we're going to be completely honest, I was literally convincing you not to, until fockin' Tubbo woke up!" Tommy shouted, gesturing in the air.

You broke into laughter at that.

"You wouldn't have had to convince me if I had just not tried to break up with you," You replied bashfully, ducking your head down.

"Well I'm glad we've all come to our senses, love." Tommy teased, lifting your chin up to him again. He placed a small kiss on your forehead as you closed your eyes, relishing in the tenderness of it.

"I love you," You said quietly, letting your words wrap the two of you up into your own little world.

"I love you too," He confessed and you felt your chest completely explode. Every little bit of regret, of pent up sadness, of anger at yourself burst completely. You felt like you were floating, swimming in the invisible promise he had made to you, his secret confession only meant for your ears.

Your eyes closed and you leaned into his chest, wrapping him in another hug, desperate to never let go of him again. He leaned his head against the top of yours, softly draping his arms around your shoulders to hold you.

"Does this mean we're okay again?" You asked quietly.

This was so new to you. It was everything you had wanted to hear for the past couple of months. You didn't want to mess it up.

"If you want us to be. I've already told you that I'm in love with you, but I want you to know that that means I'm here forever. If you still need time, I'll wait. I'll be here for you, loving you until you're ready for me. I don't ever want you to feel like you need to go through anything without me. I promise you never need to push my away," He said softly, cupping your cheek with his hand.

You leaned into his touch, savoring the feeling of his skin against yours.

"I won't," You said, meeting his gaze, swearing to him you really never would.

He smiled, eyes slightly lidded, gazing at you with pure adoration.

He lifted the picnic blanket up from the ground and brushed it off a bit, offering you his hand again as the two of you walked back to Ranboo's car where he stood, eagerly beaming as the two of you approached.