10. have some blue

"Should I just-"

"Be careful, dude!"

"It's fine Tubbo I've got it!" 

Gentle arms shook you away from the quick nap you had managed to sneak in. Your eyelashes fluttered open quickly and your eyes darted around the unfamiliar area you had found yourself in.

 The smell of a faint air freshener tickled your nose, and the familiar stuffiness that the cab was filled with began to sink in again. You felt the leather seats under your legs as you stretched them out, your whole body beginning to wake up.  Your head rose up from the cushion it had been propped against. You felt the cushion adjust slightly and glanced over to see Tommy rubbing his shoulder back with his free hand. 

"Oh sorry-" you said quickly, eyes widening with realization. You let go of his arm and began to fidget with your thumb out of habit. 

His cocky smile seemed slightly warmer as he gave you a gentle shrug of reassurance. "No big deal really. Hope you got enough beauty rest though. You certainly need it."

The three of you shuffled out of the car, Tubbo hiding his ridiculously giddy smile as he watched you and Tommy awkwardly navigate your way out of the cab.

You adventured around the river for a bit, taking pictures and acting as if someone would push the other in. Laughter was flowing freely now as Tommy nearly missed Tubbo's shirt in an attempt to drop sand down it. You watched the boys chase after one another, now throwing sand and rocks or whatever else they could get their hands on. 

The sun had nearly set by now as the happy trio now trudged up the beach, mostly out of breath and hair smelling faintly of salt water and sand. 

Tubbo wearily collapsed at the top of the beach, laying flat on his back as his gaze focused on the stars. You and Tommy turned at the soft thump behind you two and stared curiously at the boy.  Your eyes met with Tommy's and a look of confusion passed between the two of you. 

"I wish we could see more stars out here," Tubbo said wistfully, his voice sounding further away.

"You just have to go to areas with less light pollution" Tommy mentioned matter-of-factly, watching as you walked over to Tubbo and sat next to him. 

A silence had settled over the three of you, each now laying on the sand staring back up into the sky, pretending to ignore the blatant honking and revving of tires coming from the nearby street.  

Your neck seemed to prickle with anticipation and you turned to see Tommy, laying on his side now, drawing circles in the sand by his face. You giggled at the sight. Tommy looked like a little kid. 

The blond must have sensed your gaze because soon his eyes met yours, both saying nothing, yet not daring to break the connection. Finally, the blond shifted onto his back again, staring up into the murky sky above. 

"You reckon there's more out there?" He said, voice falling low.

"Probably," you mused, sitting up to watch the waves softly lap a decent ways away from your feet. The weather had been surprisingly kind to you all, the cold only nipping gently at your toes, but not unbearably frigid. Tubbo had mentioned this would be a really nice week weatherwise, hopefully, that wouldn't change. 

You thanked Tommy again for carrying your duffle bag from the beach. Your luggage had certainly been an inconvenience to lug around all day, but you appreciated his help. Your aunt was about half an hour away now, planning on picking you up at a nearby park.

The three of you had decided to finally stop at a bakery and grab a cake in order to celebrate Tubbo's birthday. The idea was originally Tommy's suggestion, which you had initially laughed at, but with nothing else to really do, it was settled.  

After buying an obnoxiously blue cake, the three of you settled onto a park bench, each with a fork in hand. It was quite the sight, two Brits and an American giggling over a bright blue cake. 

It was nice to end the day like this. You had loved your first couple of hours in London and couldn't wait to see what else Tubbo had in store. You and Tommy harrassed Tubbo with an embarrassingly loud ballad of Happy Birthday, much to the poor brunets' dismay. You lifted another piece of cake into your mouth before you began to pull out your phone, distractedly scrolling through Twitter. 

The serenity of the moment was instantly erased as you felt a mushy glob of frosting be mischievously smeared onto your cheek. 

"Tommy what you hell!" You said furiously, wiping the splat of sugar off from your face. 

They both broke out into shrill laughs, Tubbo quickly retorting "Tommy! Tommy! Guess who I am!" his face broke out into a menacing grin as he scooped a handful of frosting into his palm. 

"Here have some blue y/n, calm yourself!" 

You narrowly dodged the blue glob that had been flung your way, now glaring at both of the boys from a safe distance. 

"You're Ghostbur! You're Ghostbur!" Tommy yelled with glee before jumping off the bench, watching you fearfully, as you began to paces towards them, fork in hand. 

"Wait, wait, let's be rational about this..." Tommy raised his hands in the air as a form of surrender. 

You lowered the fork but immediately froze when Tubbo's hand quickly moved toward your face, now caking the tip of your nose in the frosting. You wiped it off yet again before breaking into a sprint away from the boys, shrieking in annoyance, yet a smile very much present on your lips. 

"Not my coat! Not my coat! Please Tubbo this will take forever to get it out!" You whined, dodging away from the brunet, whose hand was now completely covered in blue, most likely staining his teeth as well. He was cackling like a maniac, chasing you around the park near the bakery when you both stopped to see a woman staring at the two of you. 

"Aunt Lyn!" You screeched before changing your direction and running into the arms of a taller woman. Your aunt had been living in the UK for nearly 7 years now. Her job allowed her to work from wherever, and after traveling for a while, she had finally settled on the busy streets of Northampton. You couldn't have asked for better luck with this, although, at the time, you hadn't known that yet.  

Her grip tightened and she pulled away to examine you, making remarks about how you had grown and how nicely your teeth had turned out since your braces, all comments that made you cringe when you heard the faint snickers of Tommy and Tubbo behind you. 

"Aunt Lyn, these are my friends that I'm visiting, Tommy and Tub-Toby." You said, quick to remember Tubbo's real name. 

"So nice to meet you boys! Although I can't say I understand the necessity of chasing my niece through a park with...frosting?" Her tone was soft and light, words tumbling out nicely after each other. 

"It was Tommy's idea!" Tubbo instantly accused, pointing towards the taller boy.

"What the f-heck! what the heck! No it wasn't." Tommy defended, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. 

Their banter continued for a bit, my aunt seeming to be very amused with each of them. 

The plan was for me to stay the next two nights with her in Nottingham, coming back to London on Christmas day. Then the two of us would stay in a hotel in London for the remainder of my visit. I had really appreciated her accommodation, but she insisted it was no worry at all because she had been wanting to spend more time in London anyway.

You began to say your goodbyes to the boys, hugging each as tight as you could, causing Tommy to tease you about how you were acting as if you would never see them again. 

You rolled my eyes at him, "Promise not to miss me too much, Tomothy?"

"Trust me, counting down the days till you leave." He winked, his eyes gleaming with mischief as a smile broke through his features. You pulled him into a quick hug and finally turned around to go with your aunt. You pretended you had not to heard the forlorn sigh that left his lips when you let go first. 

1415 words! 

Notes: shorter (ish) chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it! Voting, commenting, and adding this to your reading lists helps boost it a BUNCH and I really really appreciate it. Have a good day, I love you!-H<3