They Say...

"Hey," she said from beneath her mask as she got up from her desk since the bell, signalling the end of class, had rung.

"What?" he asked looking to her.

"Hm??" she asked back, looking up at him.

"Did you say something?" he asked curiously.

"No," she said, speeding up her pace and smiling beneath her mask.

They say it's the little things that they always get stuck on pondering and she wanted him to ponder her.

-

"Hey, c/n," she said to him from behind in the lunch line.

"Yea?" he replied in question while turning around to look at her.

"I like your socks," she said with a smile that was obviously there even though she was wearing a mask.

She likes my socks? He thought to himself and smiled beneath his own mask.

"Thanks, y/n,"

They say when someone compliments a guy, it sticks with them. Just like how hate comments stick with girls.

-

"Is that a new sweatshirt?" She leaned forward to ask in a whisper from the desk behind him.

"Yea," he replied.

"I like it!" She said with a smile.

They locked eyes for only a moment but he felt this kind of spark and he had to force himself not to visibly react to the physical feeling.

-

"You have really pretty eyes," she said suddenly while they were doing a lab in their chemistry class.

"But they're brown," he said with an obvious, although unseen, smile.

"I know," she said. "They're still pretty," she said with her own obvious, although as well unseen, smile.

-

"There's something about her," he said to one of his friends as he stared at her from across the room.

"Who?" His friend responded.

"Y/n," he said not taking his eyes off her. "I think I'm going to ask her out,"

"Go for it buddy, get the girl for once," his friend replied happily. "You deserve it"

-

"Hey, y/n?" He came up to her at her locker after school that day.

"Oh, hi c/n!" she replied with yet another obvious smile beneath her mask. "What is it?"

"You wanna..." he started, looking at the ground. "You wanna go out sometime?"

It worked. Oh my god it worked! She thought to herself.

"Yea! Yes, of course!" She responded.

"Good," he smiled beneath his own mask.

-

a/n: heeeeey everyoneeee. i'm so sorry i keep saying i'll update and then i don't. my sincerest apologies. i've just been so unbelievably swamped with school this year and have had no time to write at all whatsoever. so, i wrote this as a way of making it up to you guys. i'm so so sorry for being MIA but i'm working on some others to publish really soon. and i hope you like this point of view and don't write in third person very often but i feel like i should do it more idk.

anyway, I hope you all have a lovely day/evening/night <3