Thunder to My Lightning

y/n p.o.v.

I was alone in my room reading when the light suddenly flashed off, making it pitch black dark in my room. It was around midnight and I couldn't sleep because of the storm.

As soon as the light turned off a huge flash of lightning struck right outside my window with the loudest crack of thunder I'd ever heard following after it. I looked around my room seeing my LED lights at the top of my wall and my clock had gone out as well.

Another crack of thunder hit and I threw my blanket over my head in fear.

I decided to facetime y/bf because I didn't know what else to do, my parents were asleep.

"I was just about to call you to see if you were ok," he said as soon as he picked up.

Another loud crack of thunder hit and I squeaked in fear. He laughed at me through the phone.

"Hey, don't laugh at me, it's scary," I said in defence.

"Alright, alright, I'm heading to the car now. I'll be there in a few." He said and I could see he was bending down to grab his shoes.

"No, y/bf, you don't have t-" before I could finish I was cut off by another crack of thunder and shrieked.

"Yea, ok tough guy, I'll see you in a few. Make sure your window is unlocked." He said heading out his backdoor so he wouldn't wake his parents.

"Ok," I said in a quiet and timid tone. "You'll stay on call though right?"

"Yes of course," he said starting his car and backing out of his driveway.

---

I was curled up in my blanket when I heard my window being slid open. I peaked my head out of my blanket and saw y/bf now in my room. He'd hung up when he got to my driveway and those few minutes it took him to climb up to my window were the worst few seconds of the whole storm.

I threw my blanket off and ran into his arms, almost knocking him over. I never wanted to let him go out of fear that he'd get struck by lightning and slip into a coma for years.

"Don't ever leave me please," I said with my head burrowed into his neck.

"I won't, I promise. You're stuck with me," he said with complete compassion in his voice.

He took me over to my bed and slid under the covers with me and we just cuddled for hours.

He sang to me and told me jokes which made me feel a hundred times better.

My phone was dead and his was resting at 5%.

As I was finally beginning to fall asleep with my head on his chest he said to me, "you know what you are, y/n? You, are the thunder to my lightning. I love you," then he kissed my forehead and that was the last thing I remember before waking up the next morning and he was gone.

---

a/n: that was really short ik but I really like this one I think it was really cute.

my inspiration for this one came from a HUGE lightning storm we had last night. it was huge and it was staying huge and chaotic for like two hours almost. anyway, for some reason lightning just satisfies me and I've always loved lightning storms they're just so cool. and my power is out so I've been writing on my phone for the past hour because I have no wifi to watch criminal minds :( I'm truly obsessed with criminal minds. I just started season ten last night and then the power went out this morning. y'all should definitely go watch it. it's a REALLY good show.

anyway, I hope you all have a lovely day/evening/night
sav <3