* Chapter 22 *

I'm just gonna call it the breathing form sun breathing: and then the attack. okay;-;  How was your day/night? 

*Muichiro's past: *

"They said that by being compassionate you're only helping yourself. So even if you're helpful, it doesn't really accomplish anything." Yuichiro said. "You're being mean." Muichiro said, "If he hadn't gone out in that storm, only mother would have died." "DON'T TALK LIKE THAT! That's terrible!" Muichiro yelled with tears in his eyes.

"I'm just telling the truth. And keep your voice down. You're so loud! The boars will come. The "Mui" in "Muichiro" is "Moo" like a big dumb cow. And this conversation is pointless. Nothing can change the past. The "Mui" in "Muichiro" is moot." Yuichiro said walking away carrying wood on his back.

Muichiro had tears in his eyes watching his brother walk away. Muichiro got up and followed him with his head down. ' My brother had a harsh tongue. I feel like lately, I may have been kinda like him. It was stifling living alone with Yuichiro. I thought he hated me... and I thought he was cold. In the doing, someone came to visit. it was the masters wide. she was achingly beautiful. at first, I thought she was the spirit of a white birch tree... Yuichiro spoke as roughly as he always did and turned Lady Amane away.'

"Wow! She said we're descendants of swordsmen! We're from a family of incredible people who used the very first form of breathing techniques!" Muichiro said to Yuichiro amazed. "Who cares? Hurry up and wash the rice." Yuichiro said annoyed.

"Hey! Let's become swordsmen! We can help people who have trouble with demons! If we did that, I'm sure..-" Muichiro tried saying but Yuichiro cut an onion loudly and harshly over and over again.

"WHAT COULD YOU DO?! YOU CAN'T EVEN BOIL RICE BY YOURSELF! BUT YOU'RE GONNA BE A SWORDSMAN AND HELP PEOPLE?! QUIT TALKING NONSENSE!! YOU REALLY ARE EXACTLY LIKE FATHER AND MOTHER. YOU'RE A DREAMER! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD?! LIKE, MOTHER, WHO DIDN'T SAH SNE WAS SICK AND KEPT ON WORKING UNTIL IT RUINED HER HEALTH! AND FATHER WHO WENT OUT TO GATHER HERBS IN A STORM... DESPITE HOW MUCH I TRIED TO STOP HIM! DESPITE ALL THE TIMES I TOLD MOTHER TO REST! HELPING PEOPLE IS SOMETHING ONLY CERTAIN PEOPLE CAN DO! WE'RE JUST KISS!
EVEN IF OUR ANCESTORS WERE SWORDSMEN, WHAT CAN WE DO? YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT WE CAN DO? WHAT WE CAN DO IS DIE POINTLESSLY LIKE DOGS! BECAUSE OF OUR PARENTS! IN THE END, THAT WOMAN WILL JUST USE US! I'M CERTAIN SHE'S PLOTTING SOMETHING! THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER! GOT IT?! SO LET'S JUST MAKE DINNER!" Yuichiro yelled at a crying Muichiro.

'We no longer spoke to Lady Amane... who continued visiting the house. and we only fought that one time when Yuichiro shot down my idea. Summer came... the weather was hot that year. We were irritable all the time. The nights were humid and the cicadas buzzed. We left the door open and we're asleep when a demon came in'

The demon attacked Yuichiro slicing Yuichiro's arm off, Yuichiro screamed in pain. "Be quiet! Stop your fussing! Poor woodcutters like you have no value anyway! Whether you live or die, nothing will change! Your lives are worthless!" The demon yelled at the twins.

'I saw red. I had never felt that way in my life. Fierce anger was joking up... from the pit of my stomach. I can't remember anything after that. It's hard to believe that tremendous roar came from my throat.' Muichiro screamed and got up attacking the demon who hurt his brother.

'The next thing i knew, the demon lay dying. But it was suffering even with a crushed head, it couldn't die. It wasn't long before the morning sun rose and the demon turned to mist and disappeared. but, from the bottom of my heart, I didn't care. I wanted to... hurry to Muichiro... but my body was suddenly heavy as lead. it took quite a long time until I saw the house up ahead.'

Muichiro crawled near his brother hearing his brother say "Gods...and...Buddha...please... please at least spare my little brother. He's...not like me. His heart...is kind. he wants...to help people...but I stopped him. I'm the one...who's bad. if you must punish someone... punish me... please. the truth is... I knew. The "Mu" in muichiro is the "Mu" in Mugen" infinity."

Yuichiro said bleeding out.

-

Muichiro repeated what Yuichiro said, "The "Mu" in Muichiro... is the "Mu" in "Mugen" infinity..

-

Muichiro accomplished killing upper moon 5 and ended up passing out due to poison with foam coming out of his mouth.

"See? it all worked out." A voice said to him. 'Mother! Father!' Muichiro thought as he saw both his parents and brother next to him. "You did well," Yuichiro said with a smile. 'YUICHIRO!' Muichiro yelled.

-

'There are five tree dragon heads! They can stretch about 20 yards! Good! I figured one thing out' Tanjiro thought he tried doing an attack on one of the tree dragons only to be sent flying back into a tree. 

The dragon began getting close to Tanjiro to attack him once again but Y/n stepped in and hit her sword with the dragon tree to stop it from breaking his body. Y/n picked up Tanjiro and ran to get him away from all this mess. "Tanjiro focus on your breathing. Don't worry about others right now focus on yourself." Y/n said running with Tanjiro on her shoulders. Y/n placed Tanjiro down and immediately went back to the tree dragon. 'I can't hear' Tanjiro thought. 

Y/n saw Genya and Nezuko being crushed, she ran faster twirling her body to make more force in her attack. She sensed Mitsuri coming towards them as well. Y/n sliced off the attack coming her way with ease making the demon confused. 

"...What a monster! What was that?!" The demon yelled. Mitsuri went next to Y/n and said "Sorry I'm late! I barely made it in time!" "It's alright Mitsuri let's just kill him," Y/n said. Mitsuri nodded and yelled "Hey you! You've caused too much mischief! Now give back Nezuko and Genya!"

"Shut your mouth, tramp! Only one person in this world can give me orders."  Zohakuten said harshly.  Mitsuri looked so offended, Y/n rolled her eyes as he knew the person he was talking about was Muzan. 

The dragons went towards Mitsuri and Y/n "Kanroji! Tsugikuni!" Tanjiro screamed. "Love breathing third form: Catlove shower!" " Sun breathing: Beneficent Radiance!" Mitsuri and Y/n yelled. 

All the attacks that the dragon made were destroyed by Y/n and Mitsuri. "I'm mad now! You may look like a kid, but I won't allow this!" Mitsuri yelled angrily. Tanjiro looked shocked at how easily the attack was destroyed by both the girls. 

'Both of them actually cut my attacks... of course, the demon woman would but the girl did as well.' Zohakuten thought. 

The demon kept sending multiple attacks at Y/n and Mitsuri but all of them were being destroyed. 'If they can keep going at that speed?! In that case... I'll smother them with my own technique!' Zohakuten thought angrily

"Blood Demon Art: Countless striking trees!" Zohakuten yelled. Multiple wood dragons came out and started coming towards both the girls. "Love breathing fifth form: Swaying Love Wildclaw!" "Sun breathing form: Burning bones, Summer sun!" 

Breathing form: Y/n has a powerful defensive technique. She unleashes a circular slash that defends from imminent frontal attacks

Mitsuri and Y/n destroyed the attack once again heading closer to the demon. Mitsuri's sword wrapped around Zohakuten's neck making him open his mouth. "Mitsuri no! That isn't his main body! Even if you cut off his head, he won't die!" Y/n yelled but it was too late. Mitsuri flew back due to the demon screaming. "Mitsuri!" Y/n yelled. 

Zohakuten was shocked how Mitsuri was still alive in one piece after the attack he pulled. He went up close to Mitsuri ready to punch her head off but Y/n pushed her out the way ready to feel the huge punch but Genya, Nezuko, and Tanjiro pushed Y/n out the way making all of them fall to the ground. 

"Get up! Get up! He's attacking again!" Tanjiro yelled. "I know!" Genya yelled back.  All three of them picked up Y/n and Mitsuri."Protect Tsugikuni and Kanroji! They're the one with the greatest potential who shines the light of hope! As long as they're alive, we can still win! Let's all win together! None of us are going to die, so-"

Zohakuten sent another attack thinking he killed all of them but Y/n and Mitsuri blocked the attack. Y/n's arm got cut off due to her protecting the others and Mitsuri at once but quickly regenerated. "Thanks, you guys! I may be a Hashira. But I messed up! Sorry! I will not let my comrades die! The Demon Slayer Corps is an important place for me. You may be an upper moon or whatever, but that doesn't matter! I and Y/n are not gonna let you jerks beat us! Get ready cuz we're about to get serious!"  Mitsuri yelled.