* Chapter 44 *

EXCUSE MY RUDENESS! I HAVEN'T ASKED YOU ALL THIS IN A WHILE.

How are you and how was your day? 💙

AND there will be a chapter 45 because there is still more to write I just thought it wasn't fair for me to upload a tagged and then not upload a chapter. 

"There's also another announcement we have to make..." Oyakata-sama said. His smile was not shown like usual, which made the Hashira's wonder what's going on? They just defeated the lord of demons, there should be a smile on his face.

Right when Oyakata-sama said that, Shinobu had tears prickling her eyes. All the Hashira's faced her and looked back at their now former master.

"Oyakata-sama, what's going on?" Mitsuri asked getting up to comfort her friend.

Kagaya took a deep breath "The former Sun Hashira...Y/n has passed away. She passed away during surgery performed by Shinobu. Shinobu informed me that, she was bleeding out from the inside and she could not find the bleeding in time..." Oyakata-sama said looking down.

The Hashira's couldn't believe their ears, no Y/n was doing fine. All of their eyes widened and they looked at Shinobu to clarify, which she did by nodding.

It's impossible...the woman who helped them through it all died alone...All of them were asleep or injured the whole time unable to visit each other. The woman who defeated Muzan Kibutsuji...the upper-rank demons...and made everyone live yet...she's the one who died.

The Hashira's did not know what to do...it felt so unreal. They shouldn't cry since all Y/n has ever wanted was to defeat demons and avenge her dead family. She achieved her goal but lost her life in the process just like she wanted. She wanted to die in the end to be with her family...

"Y/n has requested me to read this letter, she written before the battle...it seems she has planned to pass in the end," Kagaya said.

"Hello, guys!

if you're reading this it means I finally have set into battle with Muzan and gave this to Oyakata-sama. I'm writing this letter the day I was suspended from Hashira Training. I thought since I had nothing to do since demons have been unseen for the past days I had time to write this.

I hope I do succeed in my goal of protecting you all, the day I promised to protect you all is the day I was ready to risk my life. If I remember. the sentence I said to you all was "I will be the one to end Muzan even if my life is on the line. But I will not be allowing you 9 to die." I meant that sentence.

In the meantime, I just wanted to thank you all for trusting me throughout these years. I have a feeling we will succeed in ending all demons. I know Muzan has planned to attack the Demon Slayer Corps, I can just feel it. I may not show it but I am worried, humans who cannot regenerate and can be killed within seconds in battle are fighting. But to me...you are not those humans who I doubt.

You are all different from the Demon Slayer I've seen throughout the years...this era has powerful slayers including my Husband's descendent and my husband's brother's descendent. The amount of faith and hope I have for you all honestly shocks me. It scares me to even think about failure as this is a one-time opportunity.

Right now you're probably wondering why I have this letter already written and hopefully, Oyakata-sama is alive and reading this to the nine of you. I am planning to die during the battle, I have already lived long enough to experience this thing we call life. It's a blessing to be in such a beautiful world but with such horrible creatures inside. What I am trying to say is my time has come, and I want to rest and be with my family. You are probably wondering if I wanted to die this whole time I was here and the truth is yes I did. I did want to die, I wanted to end my suffering but it would not help me.